• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Colts 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
This weekend will see some good match-ups in the Colts comp.
Wests V Sunnybank- I think Wests will win this but will need to watch Sunnybank's outside backs as they will jump on any scoring opportunities and have pace out wide. Wests by 10
Easts V Norths- Easts will get over the top of North's- Easts by 15
GPS V Uni- GPS have some injury concerns and may not match up across the field with the UNI team- UNI by 15
Souths V Bond- Tough game to pick, Souths are at home so may have the edge- Souths by 7
Agreed with all of the picks but I think UQ will put 20 plus on GPS

GAME OF THE WEEK Souths v Bond

Mike Bishop

Peter Burge (5)
Does anyone know what’s going on at Souths? Looking at their team lists it’s still a very good side yet getting beaten easily every week. Any clues?

UQ look like they’ve solidified their spot as the team to beat with Bond and Easts right behind. Might be an early knock out game between Souths and brothers this week at Crosby Park

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Hi Mike was at Crosby on the weekend after a few weeks away.

i think the comp is just closer this year than in the last few. The talent has a real spread to it with 5 teams capable of playing finals.
Souths were quite convincing in the end against a pretty good Brothers side.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Hi Mike was at Crosby on the weekend after a few weeks away.

i think the comp is just closer this year than in the last few. The talent has a real spread to it with 5 teams capable of playing finals.
Souths were quite convincing in the end against a pretty good Brothers side.

Agree with you on all of above. Don’t think I have seen that many yellow cards in a game since I can remember.

Sudden death now for both Brothers and Souths to make finals. Souths need to win remaining three games with a bonus point in each and they will be in the knock out rounds. Will be interesting to see if they start playing their eligible First Grade players in Colts now to defend their title.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Really excited for this weekends fixture of Wests v UQ.

If wests can come away with the much needed win here then I believe it will be the preview to the eventual premier colts GF.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Why is the UQ and West’s game played Sunday this week?
Not sure , but having listened to the Club Rugby Collective podcast from last week , both Sauce and Jaybor are away this Saturday doing regional GF’s on the Sunshine Coast and Darling Downs , then both back to do UQ v Wests as Match of the Round on Sunday.

Could have been organised to make this all work .

Would be nice to think that the QRU are electing to cover regional rugby and have moved a QPR match up to give those comps some time in the sun .

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Not sure , but having listened to the Club Rugby Collective podcast from last week , both Sauce and Jaybor are away this Saturday doing regional GF’s on the Sunshine Coast and Darling Downs , then both back to do UQ v Wests as Match of the Round on Sunday.

Could have been organised to make this all work .

Would be nice to think that the QRU are electing to cover regional rugby and have moved a QPR match up to give those comps some time in the sun .
Thanks mate.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Really excited for this weekends fixture of Wests v UQ.

If wests can come away with the much needed win here then I believe it will be the preview to the eventual premier colts GF.

Yes mate another thing 2020 has robbed us of. This Colts season is the closest in the last five years. Any team can win it with UQ probably favourites.
I can see a scenario where any of Easts, west’s, Souths or brothers miss out. Only Bond and UQ are safe.
Easts would be nervous as they have the bye followed by Brothers at Brothers.
wests have UQ and Souths
Souths have Norths and then West’s
brothers have Sunnybank and Easts.
I can see someone missing out on for and a against or a bonus point.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
With Souths not making finals in Prems would imagine we would see a few back in Colts for finals?

Similar for Bond if their Prems miss out . They have George Blake , Wilson Blyth , Spencer Jeans and Rhian (?) Stowers all playing Prems and could even get big Zane back maybe if Reds players are allowed to play Colts . Zane and Blake would make a very handy front row .

So a bit like a couple of years ago when Brothers got Wilson and McReight back and Sunnybank got Lucas back from Prems for the Colts finals .

It could certainly change the form guide.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Wests got up over UQ by 2 points in Colts 1 to keep their season alive.

Mason Gordon looked very good off the bench , scored the winning try .

Good to see the Vaihu brothers playing together, very slick .

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Wow, SouthernX picked the Uni v Wests result. I thought he was dreaming.

The result and the names mentioned above are competition changing.

It makes 2 of the 4 games in the next and last round (Bro v Eas & Wes v Sou) sudden death and the Uni v Bon a finals ladder influencing game.

If Souths dropped back some of their eligible Colts I wonder if Wests would bring down Cooper Whiteside. It would make for an amazing Colts back line.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
What is the eligibility for players to play the finals for Prem Colts?

I think it is made up as it goes. Seriously.

A couple of years ago McReight and Wilson dropped into Colts 1 without playing a regular season game and Wood and Lucas dropped in having only played one regular season game.

In same year there was pure speculation that Jordan Petaia may also drop in but from memory someone on this forum said he was ineligible as Reds contracted player at the time.

No doubt Souths will be looking to see if they can salvage something from this season for the club. There are a few there that could drop back.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
If that's the case, you could add Carter Gordon to the mix, I'm sure he'd like to play with his brother before he heads south.
10.Gordon
11. Twist
12. Whiteside
13.Vaihu
14.Vaihu
15. Gordon

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Yep, an amazing back line but isn’t Carter injured and out for season?

Surprised you didn’t drop Petaia in there as well. If he was not in NZ he would also be young enough (eligibility??) to play Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.