• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2021

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Rebels have confirmed who’s leaving for next year

- English, Ha’angana, Tupou, Deegan, Stolberg, Louwrens, Rangi, Kellaway (All Japan)

- Killingworth (Shute Shield)

I believe one or two of them might be targets to return after 2021

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Interesting that Philip not on the list, so indicating he will return post 1yr contract with Pau as has been discussed in the past.

Disappointed about Tupou the most.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Interesting that Philip not on the list, so indicating he will return post 1yr contract with Pau as has been discussed in the past.

Disappointed about Tupou the most.

The was some chat that Philip had a get-out clause if he were to get a Wallabies gig. Hopefully it's been enacted.

Huge shame about Tupou, 2020 should have been his year. Also Ha'angana, it's disappointing that he didn't kick on to bigger and better things. And, sucks that Tom didn't get to 100 caps :(

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Obviously a shame to see some people go that would be nice to keep, however one good thing is that apart from Kellaway the names on the list didn’t play a significant or any role in the most recent SRAU campaign.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Sure it's at least a two-tier competition, possibly a third?

Three tiers.

There are three regional leagues: Top East, Top West, and Top Kyushu.
Next is the Top Challenge League. Kind of second division.
Then Top League..... at the top.

There are promotion/relegation games between each division.

Edit: I'm not sure how the restructured Top League affects the lower leagues, if at all.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Mees Erasmus also gone..... to Valence-d'Agen.

Also thought Meakes was USA bound, RHP as well?
I forgot about Billy, had also heard that rumour. I hadn't heard about RHP though.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I think the funniest thing about that Rebels blog post is learning that Louwrens sustained a bicep injury. As the man with perhaps the biggest pipes outside of those strapped to Pierre Spies, it's a beautiful irony that they couldn't handle the heat