• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2021

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Liking the ongoing and frequent triple announcements.

Backs bolstered with contract extensions

October 9, 2020
The Western Force is thrilled to announce backs Brad Lacey, Jack McGregor and Byron Ralston have signed on for another two years with the club.

Read more.......

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
Lacey had been looking like a good prospect in previous years, but did not look like he would be able to make the cut this year.
Clay Uyen would've been good to hold onto, but I believe he's headed overseas now.

The other 2 are good signings however.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Ralston is a good signing, McGregor might also develop into a good super rugby player.
Lacey is a bit meh.

McGregor was rated more highly than Maddocks by some here during the U20s a couple of years ago. Never saw it myself. I thought Maddocks was a standout then and am confident he will make it as a Wallaby No 15. I am not confident McGregor will reach that level.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
McGregor was rated more highly than Maddocks by some here during the U20s a couple of years ago. Never saw it myself. I thought Maddocks was a standout then and am confident he will make it as a Wallaby No 15. I am not confident McGregor will reach that level.

I can’t see McGregor as ever being a wallaby but a good super rugby player maybe

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
And there lies the difference between Melbourne and Perth.

Great day of Finals Rugby in Perth tomorrow culminating in Associates v Cottesloe
All games on field on will be live streamed on the RugbyWA YouTube Page and website.
The Fortescue Premiership Final will also be replayed on Free TV station NITV on Sunday, October 18 at 11:30am AWST.

just taking your post from another thread, I see Jordan Luke is back playing club rugby in Brisbane. Does that mean he's not been re-signed by the Force?

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Gordon Bray just said Ryan McCauley heading to the Force next season. No idea where he has heard this from

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Are the Tahs hoping locks are no longer a thing?

tumblr_okxj5hOpyi1vb72zzo1_400.gif

... or start chucking scrum halves up cheerleading style. Gets the ball to them quicker ;)

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Force need to do better then Robertson and Mccauley if they want to be competitive in the tight 5. Getting guys who couldn't start for the Waratahs (Robertson did a bit, but Bell will be starter next year) who are at their weakest in some time isn't reallllllly heading in the right direction.

Raytah

Allen Oxlade (6)
Force need to do better then Robertson and Mccauley if they want to be competitive in the tight 5. Getting guys who couldn't start for the Waratahs (Robertson did a bit, but Bell will be starter next year) who are at their weakest in some time isn't reallllllly heading in the right direction.

Both good signings in context of a 30+ man squad where quality tight 5 forwards are not in abundant supply. Both players super rugby quality and coming into their best years.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Robertson was unlucky by injuries opening the door to HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) and then Bell. I think he saw the writing on the wall with all the hoopla surrounding Bell. As a Tahs fan, I’m disappointed he’s going, but understand his reasoning

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Robertson a great pick up and given not a lot of locks going round McCauley probably good pick up for the price as potential for improvement for him in different environment.
By the way watching wa rugby semi final on nitv channel - just randomly came across it channel surfing in lead up to test match

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Robertson is quality and won’t give an edge to any opposition

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I like Lance. I know he isn't a popular choice, but he's experienced and will play better with a full pre-season with the squad. Reckon the Force should push hard for Pasitoa
for 2022 though.

Reactions: dru