• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2020

dru

Tim Horan (67)
If he builds a winning culture he can call it anything he likes, as far as I am concerned. In fact, we can change the name of the colour!!! It would be a very small price to pay.

Culture is an interesting word here. The jersey is not yellow it is gold.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
If he builds a winning culture he can call it anything he likes, as far as I am concerned. In fact, we can change the name of the colour!!! It would be a very small price to pay.
I suspect you may be being tongue in cheek yourself - but that is certainly a different response to the last time I recall someone referring to the jersey as yellow in a press conference. I believe some suggested he should be banished forever for that alone.

(For the record I am not the least bit bothered by it).

Joe King

Dave Cowper (27)
Do I recall correctly that Deans and Cheika both won their first game in charge of the Wallabies against the ABs? Memory a little hazy.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I suspect you may be being tongue in cheek yourself - but that is certainly a different response to the last time I recall someone referring to the jersey as yellow in a press conference. I believe some suggested he should be banished forever for that alone.

(For the record I am not the least bit bothered by it).

Yep. Then again, I am a lot older than most (if not all) hereabouts: which means that I have seen a lot more AB victories!
So I don't give a stuff how he builds a winning culture, as long as he does. The correct name of the jersey colour is the least of my problems.

Reactions: TSR

Joe King

Dave Cowper (27)
Let's call it by it's official name, Pantone 116C.

Though, is it just me, or is it looking closer to that egg yolk gold of the late 80s early 90s? I loved that gold shade so much.

And did I hear correctly, that Scott Johnson wants to get back to that shade as well?

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Ah, let’s not. Gold please.

But gold glitters. If we were to really wear gold the jerseys should shimmer like Kylie Minogue's hotpants.

But it's actually wattle gold, the colour of our national flower, the one that gives thousands hay fever every year and is a brilliant yellow in full bloom.

Just saying it can be construed any which way. It's when it's disrespected as canary yellow I take offence.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Do I recall correctly that Deans and Cheika both won their first game in charge of the Wallabies against the ABs? Memory a little hazy.

At home. They both got toweled up a few weeks later in New Zealand (Deans 39-10, Cheika 41-13). If you compare Rennie to that, a draw looks much more favourable.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Though, is it just me, or is it looking closer to that egg yolk gold of the late 80s early 90s? I loved that gold shade so much.

And did I hear correctly, that Scott Johnson wants to get back to that shade as well?

It used to be a different colour and then the Australian national colours were standardised in 1984 and at different times from that point Australian sporting teams all adopted those specific tones of the colours.

I would doubt Johnson would have any ability to change the colours we are wearing.