• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe 2 at Eden Park 18/10/20

Hammeroid

Chris McKivat (8)
I understand DRs selection. He knows the all blacks are going to come out guns blazing. The match will be decided in first 30. Can Australia survive the first punch. Defense will win the day.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

IMG_0107.JPG

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I understand DRs selection. He knows the all blacks are going to come out guns blazing. The match will be decided in first 30. Can Australia survive the first punch. Defense will win the day.

Yep. The game plan in the first half should be simple: play field position, aim up in defence and do the basics right, because there are going to be 15 angry Orcs throwing everything at them to try and blow the Wallabies off the park. The boys need to keep it close and stay connected.

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
Happy to see DR as coach image Cheika countering AB we don't cry bullshit. DR brings gravitas.

Highkicks

Herbert Moran (7)
The more I think about it the more I like Neds selection. For once our pack is absolutely stacked with physical ball carriers. A high work rate, tall, lineout option 6 looks like a really good balance on paper. Before last weeks game Philip and Wilson were unknowns at this level but they were fantastic and absolutely delivered. If the changes in the forwards go as planned then we could dominate their pack. Imagine last weeks effort but we get on top in the lineout and dominate the rucks, he certainly won’t hurt the scrum either. Pretty exciting.

Also Samu unfortunately did not deliver ball in hand last week. Running out wide is his point of difference for me, I don’t think there’s anything he did last week that Ned can’t.

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
The more I think about it the more I like Neds selection. For once our pack is absolutely stacked with physical ball carriers. A high work rate, tall, lineout option 6 looks like a really good balance on paper. Before last weeks game Philip and Wilson were unknowns at this level but they were fantastic and absolutely delivered. If the changes in the forwards go as planned then we could dominate their pack. Imagine last weeks effort but we get on top in the lineout and dominate the rucks, he certainly won’t hurt the scrum either. Pretty exciting.

The Wallabies have a heavier backrow than the ABs going into this match, I honestly can't recall the last time that happened.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Well said. Hanigan is unfairly judged as he was brought in way too early. He has been a solid super XV player for a few years now and deserves another shot. He is workhorse who is strong in the set-peice, especially line-out, so this could balance the pack out nicely.

I hope everyone views this as his 'debut'.

He's improved alot in the the detail over the years, pre-contact work, off the ball work, defensively, passing skills and obviously in the lineout. His carrying and impact going into contact was always were people felt he lacked punch and would somewhat unfairly give him nicknames and he wasn't as accurate as you'd like at the breakdown, in clearing out, but he's improved a lot in both these areas. I'm keen to see where he's at a few years later under a different setup.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
How come I didn't really notice him this year? Did he put in a test footy level shift?

Waratah's first game against the Brumbies in SRA he had a notable performance, but test Rugby wise we wont know until he runs out tomorrow.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Waratah's first game against the Brumbies in SRA he had a notable performance, but test Rugby wise we wont know until he runs out tomorrow.

One thing for sure, if he is not up to it it won't be because he is not fit enough, or willing enough, or brave enough. My bet is that DR is capable of bringing out a good performance from him.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I’m hoping he will be like Rob Horne.

Given a lot of chances/faith early. IMO more than what his performances deserved.

Came back to become one of our most consistent performers. Not flashy, but a tough, reliable hard worker.