• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Championship in an Aussie bubble?

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
I'll go by what the players and coaches in SA are saying. You are entitled to ignore the facts but I suspect you have a chip on your shoulder about South Africans. Certainly seems that way. Pretty agro.

So when their players said that nobody had spoken to them about leaving the country? Yep gotcha

Nothing aggro, it’s possible to call someone out while being completely calm

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The sooner we see the back of SARU the better. Europe can deal with their shit.

Can't believe they are getting paid. SANZAAR should be torn up.

MungoMan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Re Aus v NZ at Suncorp, 7/11: pre-sale tickets are supposedly available, I've got the email stating I supposedly can access them, but the Ticketek site is not giving me the option to actually buy them.

Are all the pre-sale tickets exhausted already, or is it another stuff-up?

fish59

Frank Nicholson (4)
Re Aus v NZ at Suncorp, 7/11: pre-sale tickets are supposedly available, I've got the email stating I supposedly can access them, but the Ticketek site is not giving me the option to actually buy them.

Are all the pre-sale tickets exhausted already, or is it another stuff-up?
I bought mine on the stroke of 12:00 using the link in the email. At least it worked then. Didn’t give you the option to fine tune the seat selection so couldn’t really get much of an idea of availability...

MungoMan

Sydney Middleton (9)
I bought mine on the stroke of 12:00 using the link in the email. At least it worked then. Didn’t give you the option to fine tune the seat selection so couldn’t really get much of an idea of availability.
Ta for that! Tried again today and this time it worked fine.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Green tuned out, blue dialled in. Repurposed Tri Nations logo via RA instagram.

KDv5uxA.gif

see https://www.instagram.com/p/CGi9JDhgvjW/

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Interesting to watch the Aus rugby show with Mitchell , Hoiles and McMahon, seems to be pretty supportive of SA's decision to pull out. Although a bit disappointed, felt it was probably best for players etc. Just interesting to see how different people have reacted.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Interesting to watch the Aus rugby show with Mitchell , Hoiles and McMahon, seems to be pretty supportive of SA's decision to pull out. Although a bit disappointed, felt it was probably best for players etc. Just interesting to see how different people have reacted.
Do no work, still get paid. I too would like that kind of work arrangement.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Do no work, still get paid. I too would like that kind of work arrangement.

I was awful surprised about that too, until I started thinking that if you have shares in a company generally you get a share of profits regardless of how much work you do! In fact if the fellas that worked for me did work on jobs ,I generally got paid more than them!
Though I do think it seems in this case pretty unfair.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I don't think clever contracting on SA's part validates the outcome.

I'm actually happy for the players to continue getting paid, though. Pandemic isn't their fault. Just not keen on financing it ourselves.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Quite easily, they still have 13 players coming out of isolation next week which will bring the whole squad together and have enough to field 2 whole teams.

Imagine professional athletes playing rugby for the sake of getting paid! Ludicrous stuff.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
And now we have had Lions/Cheetahs game cancelled yesterday because half the Lion's players have covid, SA's decision is looking better all the time for most of us in Australia.