• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Championship in an Aussie bubble?

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
And now we have had Lions/Cheetahs game cancelled yesterday because half the Lion's players have covid, SA's decision is looking better all the time for most of us in Australia.
That doesn't add up, Dan.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
And now we have had Lions/Cheetahs game cancelled yesterday because half the Lion's players have covid, SA's decision is looking better all the time for most of us in Australia.

Or the Springbok squad would have been safer here in Aus. Or NZ for that matter. I doubt infected players would have avoided detection in quarantine. On the whole the soft spots in that process have been well covered now.

how many Boks from Lions/Cheetahs? Nil from Cheetahs I think.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Huh. That was meant to contain a tweet explaining how - thanks to JobKeeper/Butcher/Baker/Candlestick-Maker* a few select CEOs managed to hit their targets and get millions in bonuses.

Free market eh?

* Whatever Smuggy FatFuck's PR department is labelling it at the moment.

Jaguardo

Peter Burge (5)
And I actually wonder how they are going to play 4 tests in 4 weeks!!! Madness , but lets just hang out players to dry as longas we get the mighty Dollar!!!!

There is not much mystery about it, the 13 "Europeans" play / can play in different positions:

15 Moyano
14 Cordero
13 Mensa
11 Imhoff
10 Sanchez
8 Isa
7 Kremer
6 Matera
5 Alemanno
4 Petti
3 Gómez Kodela
2 Bosch
1 Calles

That will be the base of the team that will play the first game. They will have 10 days to join the rest of the group which is more time than they had when Los Pumas played international games before RC 2012 and Super Rugby 2016 (they arrived in Argentina from Europe for the June games on a Saturday and played against a 5 Nations team the following Saturday). I'm not saying they will win, but they will be standing, holding the charge.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
There is not much mystery about it, the 13 "Europeans" play / can play in different positions:

15 Moyano
14 Cordero
13 Mensa
11 Imhoff
10 Sanchez
8 Isa
7 Kremer
6 Matera
5 Alemanno
4 Petti
3 Gómez Kodela
2 Bosch
1 Calles

That will be the base of the team that will play the first game. They will have 10 days to join the rest of the group which is more time than they had when Los Pumas played international games before RC 2012 and Super Rugby 2016 (they arrived in Argentina from Europe for the June games on a Saturday and played against a 5 Nations team the following Saturday). I'm not saying they will win, but they will be standing, holding the charge.

I really hope so mate, I more worried about players that have had no rugby and the risk of soft tissue injuries more than anything. But I genuinely have all fingers crossed that they will go well.

Jaguardo

Peter Burge (5)
I really hope so mate, I more worried about players that have had no rugby and the risk of soft tissue injuries more than anything. But I genuinely have all fingers crossed that they will go well.

Two of the players from Argentina XV who played in the South American Four Nations tournament, which ended last Sunday, had soft tissue injuries (cruciate ligament of knee). It's a real shame, but on a 30-man squad it's not an exorbitant number either.

Jaguardo

Peter Burge (5)
Warm-up game confirmed for Friday

After the match was postponed last week, the Pumas have a confirmed date to play the warm-up match against Rugby Australia Selection, a local team with several players from Waratahs. It will be next Friday at 3pm (1am in Argentina), at the TG Millner Sportsground, in the town of Marsfield. Behind closed doors and still without the delegation coming from Europe, this match will mean the return to action of the National Team after a year, when those coached by Mario Ledesma defeated the United States in the 2019 World Cup in Japan. As for the transmission of the match, news are expected in the next few hours.

With regard to the injured players with slight muscular problems, they are already evolving favourably and will be available to the technical staff. They are Jerónimo de la Fuente, Lucas Paulos, Federico Wegrzyn, Santiago Grondona and Tomás Lezana.

For their part, the 13 players who are making the obligatory quarantine in Norwest Sydney, have already completed one week together with Nicolás Fernández Miranda and Rodolfo Broggi and will join the Pumas of Manly, on Tuesday 3rd November.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Noice - i hope you play well if no other reason but to show up SA.

SA decision has been clearly vindicated. The inury toll so far in the local comp is through the roof as a result of a lack of preparation. PsdT out for the season. Kolisi injured. Last week's Lions / Cheetahs was cancelled due to Covid. As more and more players have come out that they are relieved that they are not being thrown to the wolves it is clear that the decision was 100% correct in the end.

But Derpus of the Interweb knows better. He reads the tea leaves.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Course i do.

Maybe you guys should stop playing rugby - given the ever present risk of injury it poses.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Course i do.

Maybe you guys should stop playing rugby - given the ever present risk of injury it poses.

Mate had this been the other way around you would have been sining the praises of the ARU. Stop being such a dick.

Jaguardo

Peter Burge (5)
The XV of the Pumas for the weekend's warm-up game:

15 Santiago Carrerras
14 Bautista Delguy
13 Santiago Chocobares (*)
12 Juan Cruz Mallía
11 Emiliano Bofelli
10 Domingo Miotti (*)
9 Tomás Cubelli
8 Rodrigo Bruni
7 Francisco Gorrissen (*)
6 Santiago Grondona (*)
5 Rodrigo Fernández Criado (*)
4 Lucas Paulos
3 Juan Pablo Zeiss
2 Julián Montoya
1 Mayco Vivas

(*) uncapped players

Replacements:

16 Santiago Socino, 17 Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro, 18 Santiago Medrano, 19 Ignacio Calas, 20 José Luis González, 21 Gonzalo Bertranou, 22 Tomás Albornoz, 23 Sebastián Cancelliere,

24 Federico Wergzyn (LHP), 25 Joaquín Oviedo (N8), 26 Lucio Cinti (OC), 27 Jero de la Fuente (IC), 28 Tomás Lezana (F), 29 Felipe Ezcurra (SH) y 30 Lucio Sordoni (THP)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is there a Tahs teamlist anywhere?

Surely give guys like Horton, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), Bell, Swinton, Naisarani, Wright, Hosea, Gordon, Harrison, Ramm, Maddocks some game time.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Is there a Tahs teamlist anywhere?

Surely give guys like Horton, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), Bell, Swinton, Naisarani, Wright, Hosea, Gordon, Harrison, Ramm, Maddocks some game time.

Thats a solid Tahs side, sounds like their recruitment strategy is doing wonders. lol