• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD Premier Rugby 2020

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Going off the past few years form , Colt of the year will be someone who has played very little to no Colts footy , form taken from what they have put on the field in first grade .

Hands down Mac Grealy , unless of course the Academy coaches can find another more deserving Brothers player to award it to .

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Alec Evans Medal – Ben Mowen – Easts
U20s Player of the Year – Mac Grealy – University of Queensland
Highest Points Scorer – Eli Pilz – Easts
Top Try Scorer – Josh Collins – GPS
Welsby Cup – University of Queensland
Horsley Cup – Easts
Geoff ‘Bunter’ Shaw Challenge Cup – GPS
Doughty Shield – Easts and Brothers (shared)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Going off the past few years form , Colt of the year will be someone who has played very little to no Colts footy , form taken from what they have put on the field in first grade .

Hands down Mac Grealy , unless of course the Academy coaches can find another more deserving Brothers player to award it to .

Well you were somewhat right. Mac won it but the award is actually U20 Player of the Year, which seems apt.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Well you were somewhat right. Mac won it but the award is actually U20 Player of the Year, which seems apt.
No argument from me with the outcome , was just stirring the pot in regard to questions raised in previous years .

For what it’s worth , Colts and U20’s are one in the same , just like in previous years Colts and U19’s were.

Just semantics , but some seem to think that it is an award for lads playing in the age group comp.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Full ladder in the tipping comp. Happyman so confident he didn't tip last weekend, his worst outcome will be a tied title after I went all in on Bond. Nomad still a chance of being part of it too.

You can tip for the Grand Final HERE

Happyman 30
Jets 29
Nomad 29
Pick and drive 28
Red Heavy 27
Beerad 26
15manHagar 23
SageToo 23
manwithcaninhand 22
Paty305 20
Dru Spork 19
Cam G 19
NMPCART 19
Benson 17
Hound 17
Heavy Unit 14
Bluedog 8
Alexander 4
Jack 4
K 3
Tony 3
The Whisper 2
King 1

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
Hi Jets

I missed tipping last week when I missed your post. I will make it easy for you this week be tipping Easts so you can tip with your heart.
thanks for the comp again this year it is a bit of fun.
For my part I think Easts will win due to a more mature team all around.
I think it is also worth thanking the QRU for getting a season together in 2020 I can only imagine it would have been easier at many times during the year to just say it is all to hard. At times we are all happy to point out what they do badly but I don’t think anyone could argue say they have not done a fantastic job in getting the season together.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Well said Happyman ,

Lucky to get the season in and it’s been a cracker, good quality footy and mostly very competitive games .

Great to see teams and clubs building.

The improvements across the board at Easts has been a stand out , seem to building on great club culture .

Both Sunnybank and Souths will be better for the season in first grade , could of had a few more wins each .

The rise of Bond is great for rugby o the GC , they have a fantastic nursery to build off in TSS and their local comp seems to be getting stronger .

Overall for a shit year , it’s been a great season.

Thanks again Jets for your efforts and go the Heavies !

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I don't think Jaybor's description of the Easts Mongoloids in last Sunday's coverage went down too well in some quarters and rightly so but I am sure he'll come up with a better adjective this weekend.

He and Sauce have done a great job this year with the virtual QPR, live streaming & the podcast, so we will forgive him for this blemish - I am sure if he had his time over again he would have phrased it differently.

Good luck to them with the live streaming all day on Sunday.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
yeah, that was pretty poor of him. I know people love his passion but I don't see a lot more upside than that in him.

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
Great crowd tight game could have gone either way at the kennel tonight in the FNF GF. But best moment of the night was the young girl behind the bar giving the manager a full spray with queues extending 30m and bugger all staff. Your efforts much appreciated in a stressful situation.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Easts 3/3 thus far. C4, 5th & 3rd grades.

Uni 0/3 in colts to date.

Bros 2/5 with C2 & C3 wins.

GPS won 4th grade.

Bring on tomorrow.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
My apologies I forgot about 6th grade.

The Family club - I have heard it all from Crosby now.

Uni & Bond aside - have no juniors - I think all clubs have "family" as part of their ethos.

Who has the most juniors GPS, Brothers or Easts?

Before Students start - the Bull Sharks - I think you will find that Taylor Bridge was established by Wests and then they became independent before Uni got out their cheque book out.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Is the fact that Uni and Brothers dominate the colts competitions with 7 of 8 grand finalists between them a concern.

I say that we (other clubs) just need to be better not bitter.

It does seem strange that Mac Grearly is at Uni given his older brother is at Easts.

I don't know why but Uni do seem to get first option on guys coming out of school.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Just to really slip the boot in now why do Bond and UQ-Taylor Bridge both have the Bull-Shark as their mascot?

With this anti-Uni Sunday morning- admittedly borne out of some jealousy - I'll be cheering for Brothers in Colts And Easts in First grade today.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
No Bulldog - the Filth (aka the Family Club) have won 3/6.

Stumpy I hear the 3rd grade game was a cracker yesterday with Easts scoring a converted try with 1 minute on the clock to run out 30-27 winners.

Any chance you can give us a match report?

I hear that Rugby was the real winner!!

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Bulldog , just a few fact checks for you .

Taylor Bridge Rugby Club was started in 1990 by some local dads wanting somewhere for their kids to play rugby locally . It holds the sub lease on Graceville oval with Western Districts Cricket and has nothing to do with your beloved Bulldogs.

The name Bull Sharks came about around seven years ago. TBRUC before this didn’t have a mascot or nickname of any sort just an emblem of the bridge on the jerseys. The club ran a comp to “name” a mascot mostly because the kids wanted to be called something.

It formed a partnership with Kenmore for the age groups U12 and up after Kenmore dissolved their agreement with Wests.