• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe # 3 - Saturday 31st October, ANZ Stadium

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
yes. You can't pick a player for the Australian Rugby Union side without that player havin actually played a game of rugby in Australia
Is that an actual law? I’m not disputing nor criticising it, just curious. So Vunivalu couldn’t be picked because he’s only played rugby in Fiji, but, say, if Angus Crichton had just been contracted he could be because he played rugby at school in Australia?

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
I assume the All Blacks 23 in the absence of Savea & Laulala will be:

Moody, Coles, Tu'ungafasi, Whitelock, Tuipulotu, Frizell, Cane, Sotutu, Smith, Mo'unga, Goodhue, ALB, Clarke, B.Barrett, J.Barrett.

Taylor, Hodgman, Lomax, S.Barrett, Papali'i, Perenara, Laumape, McKenzie.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Might there be a chance he could be called into the squad though, not with a view to playing him but just to get him around the set up? I have a vague recollection that something similar happened with one of the previous league converts

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Might there be a chance he could be called into the squad though, not with a view to playing him but just to get him around the set up? I have a vague recollection that something similar happened with one of the previous league converts

That was done with Koroibete on a European tour, but I don't see it happening here. Aside from whether or not it would be worthwhile, or send the right message, I don't see it happening. It has been a long year for everyone, but for a Melbourne sports person that counts double. Give the guy a break and let him start next year fresh.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Vunivalu more than likely isn't under contract with Rugby Australian until 2021. But if playing Rugby union in Australia before bringing him into the Wallabies squad I'm sure you could sneak him into a trail game or something. Maybe a Shute Shield winners vs Queensland Premier Rugby Winners (plus Vunivalu).

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Vunivalu more than likely isn't under contract with Rugby Australian until 2021. But if playing Rugby union in Australia before bringing him into the Wallabies squad I'm sure you could sneak him into a trail game or something. Maybe a Shute Shield winners vs Queensland Premier Rugby Winners (plus Vunivalu).

Nah just let him have an off-season and start fresh prepared for 2021, he has been isolated from his family for a few months and still needs to move from Victoria to QLD before pre-season starts in December. No point trying to force him into a game too early.

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
yes. You can't pick a player for the Australian Rugby Union side without that player havin actually played a game of rugby in Australia

LOL, he already has a rugby background, that said, i think it was Joe Rokocoko who didn't play any 15's rugby before jumping straight into the AB's 11 jersey after playing just 7's rugby for NZ..

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
he barely played for the blues in 2003, was a bench player..only started in the last 2 games cause caucau got injured

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Probably pretty rich though. Plus theres always some giant fast pacifika guy waiting for one tiny chance to displace you if you play 11 in the AB team.