• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe # 3 - Saturday 31st October, ANZ Stadium

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Its not ideal but at least Paisami has been in the cauldron and now has some idea what its about. Got to have some insurance if Lolesio or Simone get overwhelmed.

Im sure Harrison will get a run soon and hopefully JOC (James O'Connor) will be back next week. Very bad luck to lose JOC (James O'Connor) and MT in the same week.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeh interesting. I'd probably have him on the bench ahead of Paisami then. I'm looking forward to Harrison V Lolesio battle for 10 over the next few years, which could have started this weekend if Harrison was on the bench. I think he has the best kicking game of all the Aus 10's.
Hodge is actually good back up 10 and prefer hunter over Harrison as former more proved himself at this level while Harrison would be another unknown and really only just locked down super spot let alone test spot

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
Baptism of Fire for Lolesio and Simone!

Banks can consider himself unlucky but DHP's selection is prudent in the circumstances with the plethora of debutants.

Difficult to see Simone playing 80 and difficult to see Petaia being pulled - so presumably Paisami comes on for Simone. That will put a lot of pressure on Lolesio in the dying stages.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I'm honestly not sure. Hodge is test seasoned so he might be less prone to letting the pressure get to him. But he's also played, what, 1 game at 10 in the last 5 years?
Probably the more test seasoned was more the thinking and personably would rather see neither Harrison or hodge coming on at ten. Harrison to me was still growing into super rugby 10 and working on being more consistent and just not test ready. But am I confident of either at 10 - heck no.

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
I think Harrison has all the attributes to be an excellent test 10. Good game manager, excellent kicking off the tee and out of hand, strong defender. Reminds me of Owen Farrell, but with fewer high tackles.

Even his biggest weakness, which was standing too deep in attack, improved significantly toward the end of the Super season.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Will be interesting to see if Rennies philosophy of ‘if you are good enough your old enough’ extends to ‘your are only good enough if you can defend in position’.

I will throw something at my TV if they do a defensive barn dance to hide players in defense. If you have to be hidden in defence you don’t deserve to be selected.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Will be interesting to see if Rennies philosophy of ‘if you are good enough your old enough’ extends to ‘your are only good enough if you can defend in position’.

I will throw something at my TV if they do a defensive barn dance to hide players in defense. If you have to be hidden in defence you don’t deserve to be selected.
Haha, like the Robbie Deans defensive system?
ive forgotten how that panned out?