• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe # 3 - Saturday 31st October, ANZ Stadium

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
was the game on rugby xplorer? Just logged in and no sign of it to watch as a replay
When I got on there was a link for it but nothing played when I clicked on it. I saw elsewhere that you could download the Argentina Rugby app so I did that but it crashed my iPad twice so I deleted it. I then saw the first try by Len Ikatau on Twitter but the most noticeable thing was that Australia was wearing grey and Argentina were in hi vis pink.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
When I got on there was a link for it but nothing played when I clicked on it. I saw elsewhere that you could download the Argentina Rugby app so I did that but it crashed my iPad twice so I deleted it. I then saw the first try by Len Ikatau on Twitter but the most noticeable thing was that Australia was wearing grey and Argentina were in hi vis pink.

I finally got it to work through the Xplorer app on the phone. Surprisingly good stream considering how difficult it was to get.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yes I think so. He's been a little quiet since his first match vs the Reds but the potential definitely there. I imagine it's a tough balance to be told to be aggressive whilst also disciplined.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Swinton was good but lost the ball a couple of times and was quick to get involved in the scuffles. Hosea was pretty strong in the set piece and trucking up the ball with a couple of offloads. How is his fitness? He looked to fall behind once or twice.
Maddocks looks the goods out wide as a second playmaker. Wright was very strong all around. Harrison was hot and cold.
The young centre pairing was big and solid defensively but maybe were a bit light on creativity?
The future is bright

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
Swinton was good but lost the ball a couple of times and was quick to get involved in the scuffles. Hosea was pretty strong in the set piece and trucking up the ball with a couple of offloads. How is his fitness? He looked to fall behind once or twice.
Maddocks looks the goods out wide as a second playmaker. Wright was very strong all around. Harrison was hot and cold.
The young centre pairing was big and solid defensively but maybe were a bit light on creativity?
The future is bright

Agree on Maddocks, the ball to Wright who then beat 2 to setup the Ikatau try was a peach, there were a few others too. He definitely adds some creativity at the back. He and Wright put in a couple of nice kicks from the back also. Thought both Wright's were strong actually. Moeroa impressed me in midfield both defensively and getting over the ad line, cant believe Penney barely played him. Hosea was strong. The starting forwards were all very good at the set piece, we fell away considerably once the substitutions were made.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The future is bright

Hosea and Neville were an effective locking duo. Should both be near Wallaby selection. Hosea definitely best of the forwards imo. High workload and has the ability to break a line and offload. Quite impressive.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hosea and Neville were an effective locking duo. Should both be near Wallaby selection. Hosea definitely best of the forwards imo. High workload and has the ability to break a line and offload. Quite impressive.

100% agree. These two were very impressive and given the quality work of LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) and Philip, with Blyth and Swain in the bleachers, recalling Arnold, Skelton, Rodda et al for the Tri Nations should not be done unless there is a couple of injuries.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
100% agree. These two were very impressive and given the quality work of LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) and Philip, with Blyth and Swain in the bleachers, recalling Arnold, Skelton, Rodda et al for the Tri Nations should not be done unless there is a couple of injuries.

No way they are bothering now, surely.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

No one's coming given they're not here already. Would need to do 2 weeks in quarantine. They would've only been required vs NZ too.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Blyth and Hosea are waiting in the wings. I’m not sure that I agree with Higgers re Neville. Rennie obviously wanted to take a look at him. He will do his job without setting the world on fire. Both Philip and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) have been very good and will only get better.
It would be nice if Arnold could be persuaded to return full time.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Really would have liked to have Hamish Stewart in the squad at this stage - great defender and distributor at 12, can kick and can over 10.

He would be great cover for To’omua especially with the JOC (James O'Connor) combination. With both JOC (James O'Connor) and To'omua out I think this is the right selection. Not the same as saying I am confident in it though.