• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Nz domestic rugby 2020

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Joe Webber

would have to be a spot aboard the Once Were Warriors hoonmobile for him with that 'do.

5206d.jpg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
As a strictly neutral observer can I just observe that a Harbour victory would be a good result in terms of the overall competition.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tasman wearing the colours of the now-defunct Golden Bay-Motueka Union, which put the "Bays" in Nelson-Bays, in what would've been their centenary year.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
At the risk of summoning the Three Horsemen of the Auckpocalypse (a.k.a. Dismal, zer0 & KiwiM), there's a very real possibility that the Cantabs could get relegated. They're currently only two points off the bottom of the Premiership table & have Championship co-leaders Otago next followed by all-but-certain Premiership semi finalists Tasman & Auckland.

Also in the drop zone are Bay of Plenty who have the other Championship leader Hawkes Bay next then Premiership leaders Waikato; and North Harbour who have Championship top-four Northland & struggling Counties-Manukau. The two then meet in Round 10 by which time things could be extremely interesting.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Auckland having to lose to Harbour so Canterbury get relegated is a sacrifice I am more than willing to make. To banish the Evil Empire while remaining very much in title contention is just the icing on the cake.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Looking at the top end of the Premiership:

1. Waikato 27 points, yet to play Auckland, Bay of Plenty & Northland.
2. Tasman 25: Wellington, Canterbury & Otago.
3. Auckland 25: Waikato, Northland & Canterbury.
4. Wellington 24: Tasman, Hawkes Bay (Shield challenge) & Manawatu.

Championship:

1. Hawkes Bay 25: Bay of Plenty, Wellington (Shield defence) & Taranaki.
2. Otago 25: Canterbury, Southland & Tasman.
3. Northland 18: North Harbour, Auckland & Waikato. Ouch!
4. Taranaki 15: Counties-Manukau, Manawatu & Hawkes Bay.
5. Southland 11: Manawatu, Otago & Counties-Manukau.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Schedulers have cooked up another huge weekend:

Friday 5. Cantabs v Championship 2. Otago
Saturday early game 4. Wellington v 2. Tasman
Saturday mid Ch3. Northland v 7. North Harbour
Saturday late 3. Aucks v 1. Waikato
Sunday early 6. Bay of Plenty v Ch1. Hawkes Bay & Ch7. Manawatu v Ch5. Southland
Sunday late Ch4. Taranaki v Ch6. Counties-Manukau

I'm thinking we'll have a much clearer idea re: semi-finals & relegation as we sit down for Sunday dinner.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
If the Cantabs get relegated from the NPC there will be a celebratory photographical pictorial essay of such resplendent pageantry the likes of which this forii has never, ever seen before.

It will be roughly 800 billion gigabytes long.

It will crash the GAGR servers halfway to Sixpackistan and back.

Cyclo will be screaming down the telephone mid-thread to www.photobucket.com "turn it off, turn it off, I don't care if the prick's paid upfront for hosting for the next 800 f***ing years (I have), YOU TURN OFF THAT F**KING PHOTOBUCKET ACCOUNT RIGHT F**KING NOW YOU ****** ************* ***** ****** ********S".

dismalpb-1.jpg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Start sketching those storyboards, Dismal........

Edit: I'm sure you, zer0 & KiwiM would've especially enjoyed the bit where Cameron failed to prevent Manu offloading AND failed to tip Koroi into touch in the space of 0.3 seconds :)

LOL the Cantab Medic or whatever she was pointing to the touchline as Koroi tip-toed along it but to be fair I didn't think it possible for him to have not stepped on the line, either. Smithy's pain was palpable but the occasion really needed at least one die-hard Cantab in the comms box.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Was watching that , and yelling as Koroi went down sideline, maybe other's in hotel may of heard cheering!
Was very very happy to walk into hotel room for quarantine, before unpacking bags ,turned on tv (50in) and got Sky sports. So will survive it all;)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
No we got sent down to Novotel in Christchurch at airport, was only finished beginning of year and then Covid hit, the poor buggers had to sell it. Mate seems Auckland quarantines aren't quite as good, and certainly a lot more well set out than ones in Aus. We can go outside and walk around the yard (200m) from 6am until 3pm, then from 5.50 to 8 in evening, so not a hell of a lot to complin about , especially with Sports etc on TV! hell even had Grandson and great grandson visit this morning, just talked through fence, so I happy as.
Honest truth I am just so happy to be home, loved Aussie, but we have decided we in the next stage of our lives.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ wifey's Uncle & Auntie (ex Marsden) did theirs in Roto a few months back & found it no great hardship, I'm sure you'll find similarly. If not PM me & I'll see what I can do re: busting you out :).

Cantab women grab their fourth successive Farah Palmer Cup with a try after the siren. Only saw the last 15min due to Mako v Wellys but looked a good game, Waikato will be kckng themselves for letting that slip.