• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Championship in an Aussie bubble?

Jaguardo

Peter Burge (5)
It was reported in Argentina match write up that Tepai Moeroa scored the last try.

"The Argentine team's points were made through tries by Joaquín Oviedo, Santiago Carreras and Francisco Gorrisen and two conversions by Domingo Miotti, while for the Australians Len Ikitau, Tom Wright and Tepai Moeroa scored tries"

At the end of the video you can see the last try of Rugby Australia Selection

http://www.espn.com.ar/video/clip?id=7666459

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Maddocks is pretty unlucky not to be playing tonight IMO. He's way betterer than Banks. I can see DHP getting in ahead of him but i don't think it will be for long.

Jaguardo

Peter Burge (5)
Any talk of a second warmup to give the quarantining 13 some kind of pre-Tri Nations hitout?

I heard that they were planning to do two more warm-up games before playing the All Blacks, although they will probably do two groups among the 45 pumas that are in Australia because there is only one free weekend left before the first official game.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
Desr lord people are uninformed.

The Japanese clubs just returned to training. They have not player since March.

Do you not read?

I have a life outside of following the status of overseas domestic rugby competitions. My post was a three word unpunctuated (joke) thought posted in the middle of the night on a supporter messageboard, not a whitepaper presented to SANZAR. You need a girlfriend.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I have a life outside of following the status of overseas domestic rugby competitions. My post was a three word unpunctuated (joke) thought posted in the middle of the night on a supporter messageboard, not a whitepaper presented to SANZAR. You need a girlfriend.

Don't be so sensitive petal.

Some of us like to be informed before we post.

Others seem to give no heed to facts and post bullshit for the sake of it. We seem to live in a world now where there is very little equity in facts.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Again, it's just a rugby forum. Go outside for a bit

Done. Even caught a fish. And cooked it. And ate it. Been reading since dinner. Just so I don't end up posting bullshit anywhere and making a fool of myself. Try it some time.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Done. Even caught a fish. And cooked it. And ate it. Been reading since dinner. Just so I don't end up posting bullshit anywhere and making a fool of myself. Try it some time.

I like that so much Blue, nice to know some actually try and post what they have a reasonable idea is sensible!

Jaguardo

Peter Burge (5)
Any talk of a second warmup to give the quarantining 13 some kind of pre-Tri Nations hitout?

Next Saturday, November 7 at 3:00 pm (AET), in Leichhardt Oval, the last warm-up game of Los Pumas, before facing the All Blacks for the Tri Natons. They did not specify the opponent (last weekend they were expecting to play against a reinforced Waratahs team and found themselves playing against an Australia XV, so they would not be in a position to speculate on the eventual opposition, perhaps)

VassMan

Darby Loudon (17)
Wasn't sure which thread to put this in, here will do. The 4 SANZAAR partners have committed to the RC for the next decade. Big news.

Does that mean there is no chance of including Fiji or Japan within the next 10 years and possibly aligning to the Nation's Championship that was touted recently. Or is it a commitment that they'll stick with Sanzaar and decisions be made from there

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Does that mean there is no chance of including Fiji or Japan within the next 10 years and possibly aligning to the Nation's Championship that was touted recently. Or is it a commitment that they'll stick with Sanzaar and decisions be made from there

It doesn't stipulate, it just says they have committed to playing in it for the next decade. I don't see why it would preclude new teams from coming in.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Has anyone heard of another Aussie A game being played? Have heard of some player call ups so assume there will be another game v the Pumas?

Jaguardo

Peter Burge (5)
Australia XV: 1-Harry Johnson-Holmes, 2-Connal McInerney, 3-Pone Faamausili, 4-Trevor Hosea, 5-Caderyn Neville, 6-Rob Valetini, 7-Fraser McReight, 8-Isi Naisarani, 9-Joe Powell (c), 10-Will Harrison, 11-Trinston Reilly, 12-Irae Simone, 13-Len Ikitau, 14-Mark Nawawanitaese, 15-James Ramm.

Los Pumas: 1- Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro, 2- Julián Montoya, 3- Francisco Gómez Kodela, 4- Guido Petti, 5- Matías Alemanno, 6- Pablo Matera, 7- Marcos Kremer, 8- Rodrigo Bruni, 9- Tomás Cubelli, 10- Nicolás Sánchez, 11- Juan Imhoff, 12- Santiago Chocobares, 13- Lucio Cinti, 14- Bautista Delguy, 15- Santiago Carreras.
Replacements: 16- Mayco Vivas, 17- Santiago Socino, 18- Lucio Sordoni; 19- Lucas Paulos, 20- Facundo Bosch, 21- Gonzalo Bertranou, 22- Domingo Miotti, 23- Rodrigo Fernández Criado, 24- Juan Pablo Zeiss, 25- Tomás Loezana, 26- Francisco Gorrissen, 27-Santiago Grondona, 28- Juan Cruz Mallía, 29- Santiago Cordero. 30- Federico Wergzyn, 31- Sebastián Cancelliere, 32- Ramiro Moyano, 33- Felipe Ezcurra, 34- Santiago Medrano, 35- Tomás Albornoz, 36- Ignacio Calas, 37- Joaquín Oviedo. 38- José Luis González, 39- Ignacio Calles, 40- Matías Orlando, 41- Juan Martín González.
Jerónimo de la Fuente, Emiliano Boffelli, Facundo Isa y Lucas Mensa have minor muscular discomfort and will be preserved this weekend.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Anyone know who the ref is for the Argentina/Aus A game is? Very poor effort by him up to the first break. Is it the much over-hyped ref who came from WA and had charge of some of the SRAu games? Consistent if it is, I'd have to say.

Conal McInerney having a strong game while Tomas Cubelli has two tries for the Argies.