• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Nz domestic rugby 2020

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ wifey's Uncle & Auntie (ex Marsden) did theirs in Roto a few months back & found it no great hardship, I'm sure you'll find similarly. If not PM me & I'll see what I can do re: busting you out :).

Cantab women grab their fourth successive Farah Palmer Cup with a try after the siren. Only saw the last 15min due to Mako v Wellys but looked a good game, Waikato will be kckng themselves for letting that slip.

Yep I saw the same WOB, caught it at end of Tasman - Lions game.
Yep and thanks for the offer of escape, will keep it in back pocket;)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mako at least temporarily back to top of table:

Good move on Wellys' part to take the game up to Jerry Collins Stadium aka Porirua Park.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Battle of The Bays today & Cantabs will be sweating on the result, a Bay of Plenty win will leave them dead last with Mako & Aucks left to play, both of whom looked decidedly better yesterday than the other two likely semi-finalists.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A Battle of the Bays for the ages, MOTR hands-down. HBay must be wondering how, with ~70% possession & territory they managed to lose.

This is for all the Cantab-haters out there (also Dismal, zer0 & KiwiM aka the Three Horsemen of the Auckpocalypse :)):

IMG_1058.JPG

Edit: Manawatu have beaten Southland, their first win in what seems like a very long time.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
At least one of tonight's ARs must be new to Southland v Otago matches, rushing in to inform Sir that there's been some pushing & shoving going on.....

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
At least one of tonight's ARs must be new to Southland v Otago matches, rushing in to inform Sir that there's been some pushing & shoving going on...

:D Yep even the Otago assist coach was laughing at Halftime the players had to get used to the barbs from the crowd ;), noting like a good southern derby!! I enjoyed it, and was relieved that Ioane wasn't playing for the ABs this weekend.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ yeah, I had similar thoughts re: Ioane & it was weird the way he imploded, he's been around long enough (& probably longer than many would think) & played at high enough levels that you'd expect him to go better than that. For his & Otago's sake let's hope it was just his worst night at the office this year!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ yeah, I had similar thoughts re: Ioane & it was weird the way he imploded, he's been around long enough (& probably longer than many would think) & played at high enough levels that you'd expect him to go better than that. For his & Otago's sake let's hope it was just his worst night at the office this year!

It was, I thought he looked like he carrying a little weight too, though maybe my imagination. I have plenty of time consider these things at moment!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Cantab fanboy TJ on comms duty tonight but must be more than a little torn given he hails from Picton which is very much Mako country.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Missed Aux v Taniwha but heard something on the news about them losing both hookers & another guy inside 25mins resulting in uncontested scrums & being down to 14 for much of the game. Kinda explains their skin-of-the-teeth win. Mako will need a BP win to overtake them on PD.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Watched Northland and Auckland today. Jeez I'm annoyed with Northland - they played some brainless footy in the last 10 minutes and really should have won that game. Cracking game though.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hawkes Bay on fire in Napier, one of those days where every 50/50 Bay pass sticks & everything Wellys try turns to shite for them. It's a long way from here to lifting the Shield.