• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bledisloe # 3 - Saturday 31st October, ANZ Stadium

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Blyth and Hosea are waiting in the wings. I’m not sure that I agree with Higgers re Neville. Rennie obviously wanted to take a look at him. He will do his job without setting the world on fire. Both Philip and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) have been very good and will only get better.
It would be nice if Arnold could be persuaded to return full time.

I thought Neville had a mixed performance. Wasn't it him who collapsed the maul near the line at around the 60min mark... commentator said it was Swinton Berry was talking to but it was Neville. Actually commentator got his players wrong on a number of occassions calling Ramm Gordon at one point for example.

Hosea I thought on the other hand was excellent and for his age is such a prospect for the future. As someone else mentioned I really liked his body shape going into contact.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I thought Neville had a mixed performance. Wasn't it him who collapsed the maul near the line in around the 60min mark. commentator said it was Swinton Berry was talking to but it was Neville. Actually commentator got his players wrong on a number of occassions calling Ramm Gordon at one point for example.

Hosea I thought on the other had was excellent and for his age is such a prospect for the future. As someone else mentioned I really liked his body shape going into contact.
That’s probably right. I was not impressed with Neville. With all that up and coming talent going to him seems like a bit of a backward step. Hosea, Blyth, Swain and a few others are worth bringing through instead. In a few years we will once again look pretty solid with good test locks.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Agree on Maddocks, the ball to Wright who then beat 2 to setup the Ikatau try was a peach, there were a few others too. He definitely adds some creativity at the back. He and Wright put in a couple of nice kicks from the back also. Thought both Wright's were strong actually. Moeroa impressed me in midfield both defensively and getting over the ad line, cant believe Penney barely played him. Hosea was strong. The starting forwards were all very good at the set piece, we fell away considerably once the substitutions were made.

That was a great pass. Maddocks looked good and T. Wright definitely had something about him. I thought Gordon was good too with that pass for AusXV second try being on the money. He probed well and was a little juggle off getting a try of his own.

Harrison as some mentioned had a rather mixed performance. Not a great day of the tee, one or two fumbles. I thought some of his option taking was 'ok', with that little grubber showing that there was space and his little break in the 1st half highlighted his running rugby, just needed supporting players to make more of it.

Morea was decent. Liked his carries, some of his hits. His positioning in the line and fitness showed a little when the Argies gassed him when he folded in too hard.

Overall I thought the AusXV needed to work on their ball retention and the breakdown wasn't good enough. Though to be fair I felt the Argies needed to be rolling out of the ruck better, they were lying all over the back of the ruck and slowing quick ball time and time again.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I think age will count against Neville when there are guys like Hosea, Blyth, Frost & Swain coming through.

You’d think Hosea is likely next can off the rank.

But if we suddenly got 2-3 injuries at lock I’d prefer they bring someone like Neville in at the moment rather than go to someone like Blyth who will be better with another year of super rugby under his belt.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
That’s probably right. I was not impressed with Neville. With all that up and coming talent going to him seems like a bit of a backward step. Hosea, Blyth, Swain and a few others are worth bringing through instead. In a few years we will once again look pretty solid with good test locks.

Do or can any of Hosea, Blyth or Swain call the lineout? Neville does at the Brumbies and he would offer excellent cover at the moment in the test squad. The others certainly are the future so long as they stay here.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Anyone know how soon the Bled is available for replay on Foxtel Now or 10 play??

Got to go out, want to watch it as soon as I get home. Is it available immediately or not for hours?

Or is is 10 Play streamed live?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
It’s coming in from the west now, will piss down for the next couple of hours. Might be gone by kick off though

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Phil Kearns Tears Watch:

Countdown: T-3 hrs.

Situation: Stable.

philk1_zpshva22d6z.jpg

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Just watching the Shute Shield GF and it’s hosing down . Looks very slippery out there .

On another note , think Jack Dempsey must have played AFL in a previous life , gees he likes his shorts tight !

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Good story about this bloke singing the Aus Anthem, David Nduwimana a refugee from Burundi. Rob Clarke met him at church and I think housed him for a year too.