• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v Argentina - 21 November, Newcastle

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
How could Rennie seriously pick Gordon over Tate, that was a disgrace has happened 3 times now. Tate would have provided some real difference in the last 15-20, we had nothing other than the yawn box kick. That was some of the poorest tactics I have seen in years.
Fuck, Brumby Runner in red

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
We need a captain who will take points when on offer.
If we had taken every shot in the first half the game was over before oranges.

And meanwhile Argentina who takes every shot on goal - won against the All Blacks despite the latter scoring 2 tries to 1 - and won against WOBs who had 63% possession and more shots on goal on offer (although many not taken).

DUMB DUMB DUMB....I so don't want Hooper to be captain any more as just can't read the big games in what is needed....plus I also do wonder in any case that mcreight might be nipping at his heals for 7 before too long.

Wallabies just probably threw away chance to win Tri Nations tonight IMO....so very dissappointing....

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Replaced with who? Who is another ironed on starter that you'd give the responsibility to?

Yes good point - To'omua would be the obvious choice if fit. Heck I would almost give it to Simmons as surely at least he would not be brainless to turn down 3 points..but yes you make a good point as To'omua or DHP would be obvious captain candidates but To'omua out injured and DHP form wise not a starter....

Ok we have a problem houston.....as yes not many other captaincy candidates in that side tonight.....

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
And meanwhile Argentina who takes every shot on goal - won against the All Blacks despite the latter scoring 2 tries to 1 - and won against WOBs who had 63% possession and more shots on goal on offer (although many not taken).

DUMB DUMB DUMB..I so don't want Hooper to be captain any more as just can't read the big games in what is needed..plus I also do wonder in any case that mcreight might be nipping at his heals for 7 before too long.

Wallabies just probably threw away chance to win Tri Nations tonight IMO..so very dissappointing..

I don't see the All Black's loosing to Argentina if they play like that next week.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Yes good point - To'omua would be the obvious choice if fit. Heck I would almost give it to Simmons as surely at least he would not be brainless to turn down 3 points..but yes you make a good point as To'omua or DHP would be obvious captain candidates but To'omua out injured and DHP form wise not a starter..

Ok we have a problem houston...as yes not many other captaincy candidates in that side tonight...

Even Simmons wasn't likely to play the 80mins and hes been coming off the bench for many a game. To'omua as you said would have been option but wasn't to be. DHP, AAA etc.. injury, not starters etc... White is the other possibility but he's not the right person for the role. Too lippy like most 9's.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yes good point - To'omua would be the obvious choice if fit. Heck I would almost give it to Simmons as surely at least he would not be brainless to turn down 3 points..but yes you make a good point as To'omua or DHP would be obvious captain candidates but To'omua out injured and DHP form wise not a starter..

Ok we have a problem houston...as yes not many other captaincy candidates in that side tonight...

Simmons is a good choice and he once again played quite well. Shame hes gone.

Reactions: dru

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
Also want to say that Paisami had a great game. Looked good defensively and knew when to straighten and when to pass.

Unfortunately became less noticeable in the 2nd half, probably due to the ball barely ever getting into his hands.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I don't see the All Black's loosing to Argentina if they play like that next week.

Yes that underpinned wallabies performance - Argentina were definitely no where near like they were last week but equally did at least keep the discipline of applying scoreboard pressure and definitely tightened up their game in the second half

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Surely he can be told to just take the points, especially in the first 30 minutes? We were so dominant but came away with almost nothing.
Hot and cold.....as always. We need to start backing up the good games.