• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2021

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Look the brand is growing, I am a proud member of the club and have a fair bit of Rebels gear myself. I am just opposed to changing the colours as I don’t think it will help us gain more exposure

And no repeat of the "MR" branding experiment from a few years back, please. Your brand has to be pretty solid to be messing around with shit like that.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
he is contracted until the end of 2021 but I agree, I'd suggest there's a big chance he'll end up elsewhere.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
There is a few guys normally on short term training contracts as international or players with season ending surgery are unavailable till January.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Rebels have just posted a meme with Lomani about pre-season. I'm guessing he is still in Europe for their game against Georgia in Scotland this weekend.

It's a shame, Fiji have not played any games cause of Covid running through there ranks. He might even struggle to get back into the country cause of it.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Rebels squad on the website is changing. Must be waiting for players to get official photos etc.

Looks like Eloff and RHP are confirmed staying

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
the no Matt Philip is worrying, assume he will be in Europe all of super season then. Declan Moore's photo gone as well.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Cummins replaces philips which not bad replacement - hooker was a worry till confirmed van nek and Ed Craig signed - suspect all super rugby sides will have smaller squad sizes given five super rugby sides to be funded (force excepted who have extra funding through twiggy available to them)

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
the no Matt Philip is worrying, assume he will be in Europe all of super season then. Declan Moore's photo gone as well.
Philip is gone for the year, my understanding is he will be back next season and also in time for international season next year

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Philip is gone for the year, my understanding is he will be back next season and also in time for international season next year

I certainly hope he has already signed a contract for 2022-2024 seasons (with the Rebels that is).