• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand vs Argentina, Nov 28, 2020

New Zealand vs Argentina Nov 28, 2020

• I hope they both lose.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • I'm negative like that.

• NZ 72-3

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • GO ARGENTINA

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I want the All Blacks to win.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I want the All Blacks to win so they keep putzbrain Fozzie and continue to lose for years to comeLOL

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Argentina to win a tight one

• NZ to win a tight one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NZ to win by 20+

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Another draw please.

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
All Blucks to lose to my los bandwaganosing Pumas.

1. Joe Moody (49)
2. Dane Coles (73)
3. Nepo Laulala (28)
4. Scott Barrett (39)
5. Samuel Whitelock (121)
6. Akira Ioane (1)
7. Iraqi Information minister, Samuel Jordan Cane (73) (C)
8. Ardie Savea (48)
9. Aaron Smith (96)
10. Richie Mo'unga (21)
11. Caleb Clarke (4)
12. Jack Goodhue (17)
13. Anton Lienert-Brown (48)
14. Jordie Barrett (22)
15. Beauden Barrett (88)

16. Codie Taylor (56)
17. Karl Tu'inukuafe (16)
18. Tyrel Lomax (5)
19. Patrick Tuipulotu (34)
20. Hoskins Sotutu (4)
21. TJ Perenara (68)
22. Rieko Ioane (33)
23. Will Jordan (1)

While Akira being there is nice, and richly rewarded, START SOTUTU YOU COWARDS.

That is all.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
LOL+ the Argies get the death of their national icon Diego Maradona today to biff yet more raging accelerant on the Vamos Murder Fuck You All Blacks bonfire.....

AB coaching team pre-match in the sheds:

2d08666995b943b04783f36d488ff2eb.gif

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Also TJ Sayonara. lel. Bet he'll be on after 45 minutes to resume throwing dibbly dobblies at the ball carriers feet or firing bullets at their heads like he's on a grassy knoll.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
1. Joe Moody (49)
2. Dane Coles (73)
3. Nepo Laulala (28)
4. Scott Barrett (39)
6. Akira Ioane (1)
8. Ardie Savea (48)
9. Aaron Smith (96)
10. Richie Mo'unga (21)
11. Caleb Clarke (4)
12. Jack Goodhue (17)
14. Jordie Barrett (22)
15. Beauden Barrett (88)

Has L written all over it.

Locking engine room has no oomph at all.

Ardie and Cane to be monstered by Isa and Kremer respectively.

And all 3 Barretts starting? FFS. Beaudie's sprinting straight to the airport for Japan immediately at the final whistle. NO FUCKEN WAY he's going to jeopardise that million dollar contract and put his body on the line. Just hoof a few bombs up for his cumbersome brother to either not chase or fluff and watch that clock count down yeah baby, ching ching motherfuckers.

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
Very happy with the team, I think it's pretty much the best we have once you accept BB at 15.

I guess the ideal outcome is a NZ win with no bonus point, with the argies picking up a losing bonus point.
Then the final game would have 3 realistic outcomes:

Argies win - Argies win the comp.
Aussies bp win - Aussies win the comp.
Aussies win no BP - All blacks win the comp.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Told you Akira would start in this one.

However, yes, otherwise a very average team. Plenty of talent on the bench who should be starting or not even in the 23 who should be on the bench.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
All Blucks to lose to my los bandwaganosing Pumas.

1. Joe Moody (49)
2. Dane Coles (73)
3. Nepo Laulala (28)
4. Scott Barrett (39)
6. Akira Ioane (1)
8. Ardie Savea (48)
9. Aaron Smith (96)
10. Richie Mo'unga (21)
11. Caleb Clarke (4)
12. Jack Goodhue (17)
14. Jordie Barrett (22)
15. Beauden Barrett (88)

16. Codie Taylor (56)
17. Karl Tu'inukuafe (16)
18. Tyrel Lomax (5)
19. Patrick Tuipulotu (34)
20. Hoskins Sotutu (4)
21. TJ Perenara (68)
22. Rieko Ioane (33)
23. Will Jordan (1)

While Akira being there is nice, and richly rewarded, START SOTUTU YOU COWARDS.

That is all.

Quite baffled to see the logic of continually running Jordie Barrett @ 14, NZ has plenty of quality real wingers and yet they pick a tug boat

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
Quite baffled to see the logic of continually running Jordie Barrett @ 14, NZ has plenty of quality real wingers and yet they pick a tug boat

Since the age of counter attack football (which Dave Rennie at the chiefs played a huge role in shaping) the right winger has played a 2nd fullback style role in most consistently successful teams. Israel Dagg moving to the right wing was when the AB's really started to embrace this strategy.

So in short you play A guy on the right wing with all the skills - high ball, kicking game, smart positional play and good with ball in hand who often drops back and can shit in the backline when needed. On the left wing you go with an out and out strike winger who is lives only for scoring tries.

JB killed it in domestic rugby this year and he's genuinely got all the skills and can do a lot of things BB can't. So once you accept the BB at 15 stitch, then IMO JB is the right man for the job. My main concern is JB's 1 on 1 defence in contact, he's often goes high to compensate for his lack of dominance in the tackle (doesn't help being so tall), always thought that was a yellow card in the waiting, so was amused to see him get on with ball in hand in B3.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Since the age of counter attack football (which Dave Rennie at the chiefs played a huge role in shaping) the right winger has played a 2nd fullback style role in most consistently successful teams. Israel Dagg moving to the right wing was when the AB's really started to embrace this strategy.

So in short you play A guy on the right wing with all the skills - high ball, kicking game, smart positional play and good with ball in hand who often drops back and can shit in the backline when needed. On the left wing you go with an out and out strike winger who is lives only for scoring tries.

JB killed it in domestic rugby this year and he's genuinely got all the skills and can do a lot of things BB can't. So once you accept the BB at 15 stitch, then IMO JB is the right man for the job. My main concern is JB's 1 on 1 defence in contact, he's often goes high to compensate for his lack of dominance in the tackle (doesn't help being so tall), always thought that was a yellow card in the waiting, so was amused to see him get on with ball in hand in B3.

If you want a 14/15 hybrid, Will Jordan is an actual threat

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
If you want a 14/15 hybrid, Will Jordan is an actual threat

100%, that guy is the future of NZ rugby, has the potential to have a better legacy than Ben Smith.
A shame he got knocked out in his first test, but glad to see he's been picked again.

The guys always struggled for a spot and I don't get it, in his high school team, NZ aged group teams and now at the crusaders. Picks up 3 consecutive man of the match awards at start of super rugby this year then gets sharfted to the bench once everyone is fit again. he'll have his time, hope its soon.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
So in short you play A guy on the right wing with all the skills - high ball, kicking game, smart positional play and good with ball in hand
Your Superman Jordie might well have all those skills.

So where the fuck is he hiding them.

High ball: a 50/50 at best despite him being 8 foot 12. That7s when he can even be bothered to compete. He aint no Ben Smith there.
Kicking game: big boot, sure.
Smart positional play: if by never chasing kicks because he has zero acceleration then sure, smart positional play. He's just there.
Good with ball in hand: LOL, WUT. For a winger? Put him into space, any space, and he will be run the fuck down by the other winger.