• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cycling

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Anyone in the Wollongong Area? I'm there next weekend and wondering if it's worth taking the bike.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
So after a riding hiatus I got back on my bike last Sunday. Did just over 60km from Brisbane City to Shorncliffe and back, it was wonderful and I’m keen to do more. Hopefully I’ll be able to fit in two commutes a week and a long ride on Sundays.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Rode up Tallebudgera valley today. Legs are cactus!
IMG_20190209_075908_592.jpg

Tex

John Thornett (49)
A little insight into my world of managing health, mental health and welfare while locked down. This was done a few weeks ago when Melbourne was in stage 3 lock down. Currently in stage four which limits exercise to 60 minutes per day, within a 5km radius of home.

https://www.strava.com/activities/3824937734

The Metre Eater

Ward Prentice (10)
Hi All,
Just after some tips. I’m new to cycling and I’m after an easy track to begin. I’m not quite ready to cycle on busy roads, so I’m wondering if anyone is aware of some nice areas for beginners around the north shore of Sydney?
Thanks.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I have a fairly swank mountain bike made by "Trek". It cost $800. I ride all year round in an area that has 6 metres (METRES) of snowfall a year so I need a solid bicycle. My Friday gig is way out in the boonies beyond bus lines so I really have no choice but to plow through the winter blizzards.

It's a good physical challenge although I have had some dicey moments re; minus-20 degree whiteouts. I'll can off once a year when during a blizzard whiteout I lose my bearings and can't see the gradient of what I am riding on. It's all just white.

No spiked tyres. Wide spikey pedals are way more important, in my experience. If your feet slip/you have to look down at your pedals, you are already halfway rooted.

Gloves, all of them, are useless after 20 minutes at -20 degrees. I've experimented with the lot. Fuck 'em all. Big clunky mittens are the go.