• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie Player Exodus

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Only way we could ever afford him is if we some how fluke a RWC & suddenly the new tv rights deal is work $100m a yr rather an over 3 lol
I have a lotto view ie dreams of private equity making massive investment in rugby and global rugby that allows us to recruit the best players...I then wake up and realise it is just a dream...like I said a lotto view of rugby

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I have a lotto view ie dreams of private equity making massive investment in rugby and global rugby that allows us to recruit the best players.I then wake up and realise it is just a dream.like I said a lotto view of rugby

Speaking of lotto hopefully I win the $50m on thu night & who knows might buy the rebels

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
With Cubelli leaving and gap below that quite large (Prior on the decline and McDonald not even on the bench so far) you would have to wonder if Force onto that opportunity.

Highly unlikely.
I can't imagine that Matt Hodgson has forgotten Meehan's excessive trash talking during the encounter in Perth in 2017.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Will Chambers just signed for the Sharks after sparring with them for years. Be a very petty approach to squad mgmt to exclude a quality option based on that.

If Meehan is so good - why wouldn't the Rebels not want him back?
I don't reckon that he has anything to offer the WF.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
If Meehan is so good - why wouldn't the Rebels not want him back?
I don't reckon that he has anything to offer the WF.

80-odd appearances for London Irish, including plenty ahead of Nick Phipps, might suggest he is a strong alternative to either Ian Prior or Michael McDonald. But, as you were.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
I didn't know the Forces excessive "us vs them mentality" extended to their recruitment decisions

Excessive "us v them mentality"?
For goodness sake.
What other Super Rugby Franchise was axed by RA?
What other state was abandoned by RA and placed on the same status as the developing states of NT and SA?

It doesn't - but the no DHs policy certainly does.
There are consequences of all of our actions.
As we all know - some can be career limiting.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
It doesn't - but the no DHs policy certainly does.
There are consequences of all of our actions.
As we all know - some can be career limiting.

Or club limiting. You guys are definitely going to need better than Prior next season. Sharp drop from Cubelli to Prior.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
80-odd appearances for London Irish, including plenty ahead of Nick Phipps, might suggest he is a strong alternative to either Ian Prior or Michael McDonald. But, as you were.

I wish Mehean well - the Rebels are welcome to have him return to the fold.