• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU Rd 9 Force v Waratahs

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Disagree.

I’m not saying he didn’t deserve it, but if it was ruled a penalty only I doubt there would have been an outrage. I mean the two 120kg Force locks put the 85kg Ramm past the horizontal too but I just think it was good competitive footy.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Really like this ref.

Perrett stands back a metre or two more that other refs, really stays out of the players way which opens up the game around the ruck. A few of the othe refs could learn from this they get way too close to the ruck and in the way of players.

Reactions: dru

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Entertaining half. Force winning the collisions. Agree that Kaitu’u was infront of the man when ripping the ball, so would be considered a forward pass but Force deserve the 8pt lead.

Tahs need to find some enthusiasm and kill the dumb penalties.

Swinton yellow was soft but he should know he’s under the microscope, so no sympathy

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
Perese, Harris, Tizzano and Bell the pick of the Tahs thus far. Donaldson having a good game, but getting almost no ball.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Entertaining half. Force winning the collisions. Agree that Kaitu’u was infront of the man when ripping the ball, so would be considered a forward pass but Force deserve the 8pt lead.

Tahs need to find some enthusiasm and kill the dumb penalties.

Swinton yellow was soft but he should know he’s under the microscope, so no sympathy

Yep. Seems like they are just cycling through the phases. Want to see them look to really step up the physicality.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Anstee definitely seems to have more impact off the bench, I haven’t even noticed he is playing

Reactions: dru

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I’d almost bring Swinton off and bring Gamble on to have more on ball happening.

Tizzano is a brilliant battler but doesn’t get his head over the ball much. Need to slow the game down

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
I’d almost bring Swinton off and bring Gamble on to have more on ball happening.

Tizzano is a brilliant battler but doesn’t get his head over the ball much. Need to slow the game down

I'm amazed the Tahs dropped Wood. He seemed like one of the only players on the team capable of generating go forward.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Force look pretty well organised. Solid.
Tahs look like they're hanging in by the skin of their teeth.
Neither side particularly creative though.
Force should win this comfortably if they're smart. Tahs will need a miracle.