• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU Rd 9 Force v Waratahs

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
So are the Tahs improving or were the Force just crap?

The Force were also pretty unlucky to not get another try or two. Two occasions that kicks through looked like certain tries only to be denied by cruel bounces and the Thrush charge down wasn't too far off either. Certainly looked a lot more dangerous in attack and created far more opportunities than we had been doing earlier in the season.

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
The Force were also pretty unlucky to not get another try or two. Two occasions that kicks through looked like certain tries only to be denied by cruel bounces and the Thrush charge down wasn't too far off either. Certainly looked a lot more dangerous in attack and created far more opportunities than we had been doing earlier in the season.

Absolutely. it was such a bizarre game.

I was very disappointed with the tries we gave away.

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
Attack was a step in the right direction, but defense was a big step in the wrong direction compared to the great defense we had in the Rebels game. It almost looked like we'd changed defensive systems, with no line speed and just allowing the Tahs to run at us.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Attack was a step in the right direction, but defense was a big step in the wrong direction compared to the great defense we had in the Rebels game. It almost looked like we'd changed defensive systems, with no line speed and just allowing the Tahs to run at us.
I thought the Force looked well-organised with their attack insofar as support, plenty of runners to truck it up and generally good attacking breakdown work, but lacked an extra creative spark to make some more opportunities and line-breaks. The late try they finished very nicely with ball through hands to an overlap, however.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Great game. The whole package. The fans, the atmosphere, coverage, comms, squeaky-bum fairy tale finish for Shiggins etc

giphy.gif

"Gidday NSFW east coast elites,
I'm Shiggins from Perth".
I didn't realise how famous I was on here

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I was impressed with the ref. She wasn't affriad to blow the whistle after the siren. We see so many refs put the whistle away at that stage of the game. The force hardly ever win that game. They didn't have the attack to steal it. It had to be from a penalty. I had a mate over to watch it. I told him it won't be a spectical but should be close. He loved it although the rugby was lacking.