• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2022

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
Bloody oath. I see the Rebels page says 2021 but I think it was a 2 or 3 year deal at the Rebels. Harrison would be my next preference, closely followed by Pasitoa.
I don't really rate Harrison I know it's harder to shine when your forwards are made of custard. When watching Lolesio he pulls the strings well and doesn't look like a converted 12 at all. Watching the interplay with Harrison and Lolesio in under 20s and to be honest I think NL makes Harrison look good.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
So based on who is signed for next season, this is the line-up they can put out:

1. Hoopert
2. Mafi
3. Tupou
4. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
5. Blyth
7. McReight
8. Wilson
9. McDermott
10. JOC (James O'Connor)
11. Daugunu
12. Stewart
13. Paisami
14. Vunivalu
15. Campbell

16. Nasser
17. Nongorr
19. R. Smith
20. Tualima
21. Thomas
22. Flook
23. Droasese

Key players off contract:
Loosehead: Fotuaika & Zander
Backrow: ASY (Angus Scott-Young), Wright and Uru
Utility back: Hegarty

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Smells like Wallabies captain to get the deal done happy he signed for 2 more we will need that long to blood the next 10 hopefully Carter Gordon deal is announced soon too.
Gordon is signed in 2022 with the Rebels. We’ve got Lynagh who starts training this year and Annan coming through in 2022, with Creighton already on the books. In the meantime Stewart and Hegarty can slip into flyhalf if needed. Donaldson from the Tahs would be a good pickup, but he wouldn’t get too much time on the field and I doubt he would move.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Gordon is signed in 2022 with the Rebels. We’ve got Lynagh who starts training this year and Annan coming through in 2022, with Creighton already on the books. In the meantime Stewart and Hegarty can slip into flyhalf if needed. Donaldson from the Tahs would be a good pickup, but he wouldn’t get too much time on the field and I doubt he would move.

Hegarty and Creighton are both off contract

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
JOC (James O'Connor) will be 33 at the next World Cup and that will surely be his swansong in Gold. I think there will be other 10s that will be ahead of him in terms of attacking ability at that stage, but assuming he doesn't fall off a cliff ability wise, you'd think his leadership and experience will get him a spot in the squad at least.

dru

Tim Horan (67)

I would really like a decent second to the 10 position on long term development. Someone closer to Super ready than Lynagh.

But reality is exactly as you say, RR. Stewart and Hegarty are the back ups, presuming we keep them. JOC (James O'Connor) will play 80 other than being rested. I don't see that changing next year and probably longer. Probably through to RWC. So it would waste a talented up and coming 10, and that is if they were interested in a likely non-playing role.

I can't say I'm entirely thrilled about it, but the logical path forward is to build Lynagh in the background and I guess keep an eye on how flyhalfs are going in the Hospital Cup.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Barring injury it seems pretty good timing to me. 2 yrs in the system behind O’Connor and then hand over. Maybe it would be preferable if Lynagh was 12 months older, but otherwise seems about right.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
I would really like a decent second to the 10 position on long term development. Someone closer to Super ready than Lynagh.

But reality is exactly as you say, RR. Stewart and Hegarty are the back ups, presuming we keep them. JOC (James O'Connor) will play 80 other than being rested. I don't see that changing next year and probably longer. Probably through to RWC. So it would waste a talented up and coming 10, and that is if they were interested in a likely non-playing role.

I can't say I'm entirely thrilled about it, but the logical path forward is to build Lynagh in the background and I guess keep an eye on how flyhalfs are going in the Hospital Cup.
Lynagh or Annan. A bit of competition could be a good thing. I have only watched a couple of Annan’s BBC games last year ,against Nudgee and TSS, and I think he’s more of a fullback with a bloody great left foot boot. Not too sure about his defence but I guess time will tell. Doesn’t strike me as a playmaker. The Lynagh footage tells me he’s a bit of an elusive playmaker. Looks the goods.