• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SRAU RD 10 - Force v Reds Friday 23rd April HBF Park

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
This should be an interesting match, the Force are playing for their season and need will want a win to secure a final spot against the Brumbies.

Reds will go into a rest week after this game so will not want to risk injury or wearing out key players so there is a chance that the Reds could substitute early and let the Force come home strong, or that the Reds could have a vastly different starting team.

I think the Reds safest bet would be to start with their number one team and substitute early to avoid injuries and then to switch players to other positions so they get exposure, an example may be Petaia going from wing to fullback for the second half.

Should be an interesting game.

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
As a Force fan this is so strange.

Were we awful on Saturday or are the Tahs improving?
We probabaly didn't deserve the win.

Yet, here we are. Our fate in our own hands. Win this and we're in our first final.
The game really is meaningless to QLD.

It's funny how the team the wants it more can often win in sport, particularly a game as attritional as rugby.

I'm not really expecting much but I'm going to get to the ground and just hope.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Force on a real roll. Firing on all cylinders with another booming home crowd. The experienced internationals are stepping up when it counts. Reds really being cocky sending their players back to club land so they get some decent rugby before the GF.

Force by 11 I reckon.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Force on a real roll. Firing on all cylinders with another booming home crowd. The experienced internationals are stepping up when it counts. Reds really being cocky sending their players back to club land so they get some decent rugby before the GF.

Force by 11 I reckon.
Ouch! Reds by 5 if JOC (James O'Connor) plays an attack game, and Paisami is back in.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Force paying 21 bucks on sports bet to make the grand final and 76 to win it. IMO should be 7 bucks to make the grand final, and 25 to win it.

I can see them rolling the Reds if we don't show up, they've got everything to play for, looking far more dangerous with Godwin Miotti at 10 and the pack isn't half bad. The problem will be if dad's army runs out of puff

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
As a Force fan this is so strange.

Yet, here we are. Our fate in our own hands. Win this and we're in our first final.
The game really is meaningless to QLD.

It's funny how the team the wants it more can often win in sport, particularly a game as attritional as rugby.

I'm not really expecting much but I'm going to get to the ground and just hope.
I wouldn't say meaningless the Reds have a chance to go through the regular season undefeated I think they will be plenty motivated.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Force paying 21 bucks on sports bet to make the grand final and 76 to win it. IMO should be 7 bucks to make the grand final, and 25 to win it.

I can see them rolling the Reds if we don't show up, they've got everything to play for, looking far more dangerous with Godwin Miotti at 10 and the pack isn't half bad. The problem will be if dad's army runs out of puff

In February I got on the Force to make the finals at $3.60

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Despite the 'Tahs self destruct mode in our loss to you, don't forget all the good things the Force had to do to get the win - in particular, bending the line many times in that last desperate 20 phases.
I remember thinking "Damm. Kuridrani has just made 15 meters. Force will win."
It was desperate and intelligent attack that brought the posts into kicking range.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member

Force by 11 I reckon.

It's all about Culture Reg. Force by 20+ :D

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
I really cannot wait for this.

I'm not sure how much other teams supporters can understand what this means to the Force and their fans. You all know the backstory by now but regardless to get booted, have no Super Rugby for three years, come back and watch every game in a losing season (away from home) and be thinking about finals rugby is sensational.

Even as much as a few weeks ago after the chastening loss to the Brumbies it looked like a mountain.

We might not make it but we've had two thrilling wins, our first at home and it's in our own hands.

There's going to be a fired up crowd and hopefully things will click for us.

Sometimes if you're just that bit more willing to take the hits, you havent got a contract for next year, you know it might even be your last game of pro rugby you might just go to the well and create something special.

COME ON THE FORCE!!!

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Here's the Reds;

Feao Fotuaika – Sunnybank
2. Brandon Paenga-Amosa – Sunnybank
3. Taniela Tupou – Brothers
4. Angus Scott-Young – University of Queensland
5. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto – Souths
6. Liam Wright – Easts ©
7. Fraser McReight – Brothers
8. Harry Wilson – Brothers
9. Tate McDermott – University of Queensland
10. James O’Connor – Brothers
11. Filipo Daugunu – Wests
12. Hamish Stewart – Brothers
13. Hunter Paisami – Wests
14. Jordan Petaia – Wests
15. Bryce Hegarty – GPS

16. Alex Mafi – Bond University
17. Richie Asiata – Easts
18. Zane Nonggorr – Bond University
19. Ryan Smith – Brothers
20. Seru Uru – Easts
21. Kalani Thomas – University of Queensland
22. Josh Flook – Brothers
23. Ilaisa Droasese – Wests

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
Here's the Reds;

Feao Fotuaika – Sunnybank
2. Brandon Paenga-Amosa – Sunnybank
3. Taniela Tupou – Brothers
4. Angus Scott-Young – University of Queensland
5. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto – Souths
6. Liam Wright – Easts ©
7. Fraser McReight – Brothers
8. Harry Wilson – Brothers
9. Tate McDermott – University of Queensland
10. James O’Connor – Brothers
11. Filipo Daugunu – Wests
12. Hamish Stewart – Brothers
13. Hunter Paisami – Wests
14. Jordan Petaia – Wests
15. Bryce Hegarty – GPS

16. Alex Mafi – Bond University
17. Richie Asiata – Easts
18. Zane Nonggorr – Bond University
19. Ryan Smith – Brothers
20. Seru Uru – Easts
21. Kalani Thomas – University of Queensland
22. Josh Flook – Brothers
23. Ilaisa Droasese – Wests
Glad they moved ASY (Angus Scott-Young) to lock as he has been rewarded for his efforts throughout and Smith pushed to the bench glad Uru has been retained but more importantly glad to have Liam Wright back starting with the team. No resting of players as suspected.