• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rd 10 Waratahs v Rebels

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
REBELS (1-15): Cameron Orr, Jordan Uelese, Cabous Eloff, Rob Leota, Ross Haylett-Petty, Michael Wells, Brad Wilkin, Isi Naisarani, Joe Powell, Matt To'omua (c), Marika Koroibete, Campbell Magnay, Stacey Ili, Frank Lomani, Tom Pincus

Reserves: James Hanson, Matt Gibbon, Pone Fa'amausili, Steve Cummins, Richard Hardwick, Josh Kemeny, Carter Gordon, George Worth

INs: Carter Gordon, George Worth, Steve Cummins

OUTs: Trevor Hosea, Lewis Holland, Glen Vaihu

Very surprising to see Hardwick and Kemeny riding the pine after being 2 of the Rebels best this year.
Great to see Carter Gordon potentially get a crack off the bench. Bit strange that they’ve left if to the biggest game of the season to give him a go, all or nothing I guess?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I'm not a huge fan of these reds from a cleanout (and that was a fairly innocuous one).

All a mouthy little fluffybunny of a halfback has to do is stick his head in the way and, bam, he's milked a red.

I think if a player has put his head into a dodgy spot to jackal it should count as a mitigating factor.

Except, I presume D, when he's playing in gold.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
REBELS (1-15): Cameron Orr, Jordan Uelese, Cabous Eloff, Rob Leota, Ross Haylett-Petty, Michael Wells, Brad Wilkin, Isi Naisarani, Joe Powell, Matt To'omua (c), Marika Koroibete, Campbell Magnay, Stacey Ili, Frank Lomani, Tom Pincus

Reserves: James Hanson, Matt Gibbon, Pone Fa'amausili, Steve Cummins, Richard Hardwick, Josh Kemeny, Carter Gordon, George Worth

INs: Carter Gordon, George Worth, Steve Cummins

OUTs: Trevor Hosea, Lewis Holland, Glen Vaihu
Not sure about so many of these selections and curious if anyone believes they strengthen the team?

Is Wessels tanking?

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Hardwick and Kemeny on the bench is a strange move.
Personally I think Wells has been better than Kemeny though and Nasirani’s star may have faded a little, but he’s still bloody good.

Wilkin is a good player - but I agree him getting the nod over Hardwick seems very odd.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Too be honest Hardwick has been productive but also gives away 6 or 9 points a game. Bring him on against a tiring team and maybe he doesn't give up so many crucial penalties.

That's a very damaging, line bending forward pack with pretty much every one of the 8 bar RHP a noted damaging runner. Pretty clear what Wessels is thinking.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Too be honest Hardwick has been productive but also gives away 6 or 9 points a game. Bring him on against a tiring team and maybe he doesn't give up so many crucial penalties.

That's a very damaging, line bending forward pack with pretty much every one of the 8 bar RHP a noted damaging runner. Pretty clear what Wessels is thinking.

Just forget about the backline where there is woefully out of form fly half, an inside centre who can't pass and a halfback playing on the wing...

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Just forget about the backline where there is woefully out of form fly half, an inside centre who can't pass and a halfback playing on the wing.
Probably his plan. Give it To'omua to boot away and give it to the piggies to run.

Tahtrajic

Ted Fahey (11)
The big positive there is Koroibete’s work in the pick and go off the back of any forward momentum.
It’s about the only way he’s been ble to get the ball for most of the season. That and the inside ball of Tooma
My Daughter loves his attitude.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)