• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby T-T R4: Chiefs v Rebels

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I would think the game will need to go to Sydney, with the numbers of Covid still coming out of Melbourne.
As an aside what has happend to Rebels? Watching Breakdown on TV last night was reminded they were the last Oz team to beat a kiwi team in Super rugby , the week before it got called off last year they knocked over the Clan!

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I would think the game will need to go to Sydney, with the numbers of Covid still coming out of Melbourne.
As an aside what has happend to Rebels? Watching Breakdown on TV last night was reminded they were the last Oz team to beat a kiwi team in Super rugby , the week before it got called off last year they knocked over the Clan!
Rebels have threatened to be a good team but never quite got there. Injuries and turnover of roster also plagued them as has question marks over whether had good enough coaches since inception. I don’t know what it is about the rebels but making them work seems to be a struggle.

That old chestnut of depth issues probably there as well as having players of calibre of hodge and DHP out does not help but even with top line players in there team they lack effective team cohesion (that is most telling for me).

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
RN has touched on a number of issues, but apart from basically being on the road for a year, not having access to their training facility because of Cov when they are there, losing two important forwards for all/most of season (Philip & Naisarani) as well as the top try scorer from last year (Kellaway) and top points scorer (Hodge), the captain being unavailable, the playmaker overplaying his hand, the direction of the game plan seeming to change week to week, now only having two coaches (seems to matter to players !) not much really. :(

edit: the on field results of the past 2 -3 years DO NOT in any way reflect the off field efforts of either players or coaching staff or management from what i have seen, it is to a certain extent inexplicable to all concerned, the lack of consistency both within games and week to week. the clubs inauspicious birth, hindered by the fallout from the Force plundering Queensland resulted in it being hamstrung from day1 it has never really got going with some bad decisions and not much luck, plus something in the water down here

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Several Aus media outlets reporting that Vic lockdown will be extended by three to seven days so venue looking increasingly like Leichardt Oval.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez and hearing there a case in NSW today, I would suggest moving game to Qld , or maybe Chiefs won't get home next week!

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Geez and hearing there a case in NSW today, I would suggest moving game to Qld , or maybe Chiefs won't get home next week!

It's regional NSW not Sydney, was always going to be a risk having trans tassman closer to winter with the Oz government accepting to many international flights. (Also case in Perth)

While I would love to head abroad, I'm not stupid enough to think going overseas for 2 weeks is worth the risk.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
It's regional NSW not Sydney, was always going to be a risk having trans tassman closer to winter with the Oz government accepting to many international flights. (Also case in Perth)

While I would love to head abroad, I'm not stupid enough to think going overseas for 2 weeks is worth the risk.

Open border with Victoria during the present outbreak there I think has caused the new case in regional NSW. Some Pollies never learn, but I reckon there's a few posters here who will applaud the decision to allow Victorians into the State despite the outbreak.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Hands down it will happen. Even though the lockdown is only extended for another week, we won't be out of lockdown for at least two. Sucks, was looking forward to seeing the Sadists live.

Mounga was worth the price of a ticket on his own last week, he is hands down the best 10 either side of the ditch with daylight second. The Tahs were improved yet they were beaten by 26 and when the Crusaders clicked it was poetry in motion.

Scooter

Colin Windon (37)
Rhys Van Nek back for first time since injury early in Super Rugby Au and Michael Icely named too.

Rebels squad
1. Cameron Orr
2. Jordan Uelese
3. Cabous Eloff
4. Rob Leota
5. Trevor Hosea
6. Michael Wells (VC)
7. Richard Hardwick
8. Isi Naisarani
9. Joe Powell
10. Carter Gordon
11. Marika Koroibete