• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2022

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
23 looking interesting for force next year... fullback only spot where gap.
1 . Roberson
2 kaitu’u
3 Medrano
4. Rodda
5. Thrush
6. FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner)
7. Koteka
8. Callan
9. Fines
10. Pasitoa/ McIntyre
11. Pulu
12. kuenzele/ Godwin
13. Godwin/ Kuridrani
14. Maetele
15. Strachan/McGregor
16. Greg Holmes
17. Ready
18. Wagner
19. Anstee /Stander
20. McCauley/ Timani
21. Prior/ McDonald
22. Kahui/ Ralston / Tapine / Ferguson
23. McGregor / Strachan

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Force should be just about done for recruitment. Maybe another quality centre but talking top shelf centre and full back to consider as signing. Back up 7 maybe where wonder if they will try and get Tizzano back. Also maybe another quality prop as well.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
23 looking interesting for force next year. fullback only spot where gap.
1 . Roberson
2 kaitu’u
3 Medrano
4. Rodda
5. Thrush
6. FLW (Fergus Lee-Warner)
7. Koteka
8. Callan
9. Fines
10. Pasitoa/ McIntyre
11. Pulu
12. kuenzele/ Godwin
13. Godwin/ Kuridrani
14. Maetele
15. Strachan/McGregor
16. Greg Holmes
17. Ready
18. Wagner
19. Anstee /Stander
20. McCauley/ Timani
21. Prior/ McDonald
22. Kahui/ Ralston / Tapine / Ferguson
23. McGregor / Strachan

Am I the only one thinking that doesn’t look as good as it did this year with Miotti and Cubelli? Fingers crossed they hold onto Kurindrani.

Another Callan or two and I will quickly change my mind.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
The Force is slowly building up its WA raised players again. Ollie Callan, Michael McDonald have just got a run, Grayson Makara has been on the bench and is quality. A lot of WA raised players still playing in other Super Rugby teams. The WA under 18's just beat NSW. When the Force were cut the development was pushed back probably 3 or 4 years and is now building up again. So we will still need to rely on some eastern states or overseas recruitment for a few years but hopefully not forever. The WA Premier Grade comp is looking very strong again now. As mentioned this is good for everyone.
Very happy to see this, it’s essential to get as many locals coming through as possible.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Am I the only one thinking that doesn’t look as good as it did this year with Miotti and Cubelli? Fingers crossed they hold onto Kurindrani.

Miotti is a bit meh but Cubelli is all class.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)

You make valid point that 9 and 10 pivotal positions but then say another Callan or two... I think forwards they are better with rodda and Callan coming through, but yeh need one of their younger squad props to step up or acquire another experienced prop.

Backs improved wing stocks but lost quality fullback and 9 and to lesser extent good 10. Pasitoa got a lot of hype so with regular game time maybe could step up...and to lesser extent maybe Fines could step up but he is certainly no cubelii at this stage. Cubelli the bigger loss. So no I don’t think they have gone backwards but yeh maybe not too much forward with loss of cubelli and Kearney. But yeh still a couple of gaps...if I were force I would be looking for top shelf prop (already proven super rugby standard), another quality centre (esp if kuridrani moves on), and a quality proven super rugby standard fullback. I would give Fines and McDonald and Pasitoa and Mcintrye game time this year to see if they can step up as think quality there but need game time to develop. That is why got players like Noah for brumbies and what seen with carter for rebels step up as given game time.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
They are talking about him helping run the indigenous program as well, so I can see merit in it. good player, add value.. Not from 1 of our other 4 teams.. go for it

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
You make valid point that 9 and 10 pivotal positions but then say another Callan or two. I think forwards they are better with rodda and Callan coming through, but yeh need one of their younger squad props to step up or acquire another experienced prop.

Backs improved wing stocks but lost quality fullback and 9 and to lesser extent good 10. Pasitoa got a lot of hype so with regular game time maybe could step up.and to lesser extent maybe Fines could step up but he is certainly no cubelii at this stage. Cubelli the bigger loss. So no I don’t think they have gone backwards but yeh maybe not too much forward with loss of cubelli and Kearney. But yeh still a couple of gaps.if I were force I would be looking for top shelf prop (already proven super rugby standard), another quality centre (esp if kuridrani moves on), and a quality proven super rugby standard fullback. I would give Fines and McDonald and Pasitoa and Mcintrye game time this year to see if they can step up as think quality there but need game time to develop. That is why got players like Noah for brumbies and what seen with carter for rebels step up as given game time.

Krunzel will be your 10 next year I reckon and the second half for the Brumbies at 12 his been really really good. plus has a season under his belt at 10.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Krunzel will be your 10 next year I reckon and the second half for the Brumbies at 12 his been really really good. plus has a season under his belt at 10.
I really like him but Pasitoa looks good so reckon at some stage could end up pasitoa at 10 and kuenzele at 12. I think kuenzele more a 12 personally.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
They are talking about him helping run the indigenous program as well, so I can see merit in it. good player, add value.. Not from 1 of our other 4 teams.. go for it
That would be huge you look at the amount of aboriginal talent both the AFL and NRL. It’s something we are lacking in Union. If Fergo can help us engage the indigenous community it’s a big yes from me

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I really like him but Pasitoa looks good so reckon at some stage could end up pasitoa at 10 and kuenzele at 12. I think kuenzele more a 12 personally.

To be honest I think they will end up 10 / 12 between them .. which at 10 and 12 will come out in the wash.. I just wish they were staying at the Brumbies

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Has Kuenzle played fullback? Might be an option. Better yet, if they can snag a quality 15, then the playmaking combo of

10 Pasitoa
12 Kuenzle
15 some gun

is very handy, with some potentially great finishers on the wings

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Has Kuenzle played fullback? Might be an option. Better yet, if they can snag a quality 15, then the playmaking combo of

10 Pasitoa
12 Kuenzle
15 some gun

is very handy, with some potentially great finishers on the wings

Yeh and with Godwin or TK at 13 with some great wing options now with Pulu and Maetele looking pretty good. Pity Kearney not staying for another year for as you say just need a gun 15 to have pretty potentially talented backline (ok bit early to call Pasitoa and Kuenzle but they certainly offer great potential)....

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
To be honest I think they will end up 10 / 12 between them .. which at 10 and 12 will come out in the wash.. I just wish they were staying at the Brumbies

Yeh brumbies done well to secure their starters but loss of key finishers and depth for years to come bit of a loss. Lot of talent depth walked out of the brumbies door backs wise....

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
That would be huge you look at the amount of aboriginal talent both the AFL and NRL. It’s something we are lacking in Union. If Fergo can help us engage the indigenous community it’s a big yes from me

Gotta love the force thinking there - as definitely tapping into indigenous community another talent area rugby needs to better tap into....I like how the Force are looking at how to acquire talent in rugby in a much wider sense ie imports, nrl players, older experienced imports, outside top coaches like John McGee etc.....

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Kuridrani has signed for Biarritz in France.

Hope he finds his mojo in France as love to watch him play when at his best.
His last try against the Blues was what we'd hoped to see a lot more.
Thanks for your time in Perth Tevita.