• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Under 16s School 7s Tournament - Manly Oval, Save the Date: 23 & 30 April (Frida

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

troya

Under 16s School 7s Tournament - Manly Oval, Save the Date: 23 & 30 April (Friday Night)

Over 2 evenings at Manly Oval Friday the 23rd and 30th of April, Manly Rugby Football Club will host the inaugural 16’s Schools 7s Tournament. The tournament is open to 12 teams with a pool system being played and Cup and Plate finals over 2 Friday evenings @ the Village Green, Manly Oval.
The dates and the 7s style of rugby has been selected as a pre season and expansion to the School rugby programs. With 7s now being an Olympic sport in 2016, having tournaments like this provides a pathway of development and opportunity.
Schools are being approached now, but if your Rugby school is interested please have your Rugby coordinator or Sports master contact the Manly Rugby office on admin@manlyrugby.com.au
Interested to here feedback (via the forum) whether the Friday night and dates can work in and around your school's rugby programs.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Not a direct reply to your post Troya, but I notice there are three schoolboy sevens games as curtainraiser tomorrow night in Brisbane.

Is this the tournament that the winner qualifies for?

C

chief

It's not. They are qualifying for the Australian Championships at St Ignatius in March (I think)

T

troya

spectator said:
Not a direct reply to your post Troya, but I notice there are three schoolboy sevens games as curtainraiser tomorrow night in Brisbane.

Is this the tournament that the winner qualifies for?

No, not at all. We at Manly are just trying to get off the ground a vehicle for the development of rugby in the 7s format.
But they are more than welcome to travel down to our event.

Status
Not open for further replies.