• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Crusaders v Reds: International Star Wars Day 4:35pm NZST

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Reds are securely in the Top 8 & would have to implode Loss Bleus- or Warriors-style to miss the playoffs.

Crusaders otoh really need to win this: either Moana or Highlanders will be in the 18 - 20 Points band after their match earlier in the day (which is in Tonga so I rate Moana 60/40 favourites) so a loss here would put them right back in the hole they partially climbed out of last week. That said I still think they're no more than a 1/3 chance to win (I had them at 1/4 pre-Rebels, who I didn't really expect them to beat, so hopefully they're on an upward trajectory & it continues).

No word yet on who might be back from Crusaders casualty ward but I did hear that Taylor is back training & may be given 15-20 off the bench.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
This will be a day long remembered. It has just seen the Blues ctrl-alt-delete the Rebels from existence and will soon see the end of the Evil Empire's post-season hopes.

If anyone wants to @ me with a wElL aKsHuAlLy over the matches being on different days then, so help me god, I will furiously hit that dislike button and slander you as a Canberra enthusiast.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Big game for the Reds. Probably don't need the win to make the finals, but we need to show we can win the games we should, and that we can win in NZ.

Now that we have beaten the Chiefs and run the Hurricanes, Blues and Brumbies right to the death we've shown we're in with a chance against any of the likely top 4 come finals time, we just need that belief that we can do it in their backyards. It may not be the Crusaders of old but they're clearly a much side at home and we can still take a lot away from a win in Christchurch.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This will be a day long remembered. It has just seen the Blues ctrl-alt-delete the Rebels from existence and will soon see the end of the Evil Empire's post-season hopes.

If anyone wants to @ me with a wElL aKsHuAlLy over the matches being on different days then, so help me god, I will furiously hit that dislike button and slander you as a Canberra enthusiast.

I think you need to stop living next door to the Onehunga Bus Depot before it sends you full Shiggins.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
I think I'm right in saying the Reds have one victory away to the Crusaders, in 1999 (Someone called Eales, J kicked 22 points that day)

Crusaders are starting to get back to something approaching their first team - even if they aren't that good at the moment, it's still a massive challenge.

If they could do it, it would be one of the all-time great Queensland victories

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I wish the Reds could promote games more.

I love MLB and they have May the 4th merchandise, usually bobbleheads as a promotion if you go to the game.

I wish we had a rugby version
Madalorian bobblehead.JPG
CC Sabathia Star Wars.JPG

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Reds:
1. Peni Ravai – Easts – Ratu Kadavulevu School, Fiji
2. Matt Faessler – Brothers – Toowoomba Grammar School – USQ Saints
3. Jeffery Toomaga-Allen - Norths - Wellington College, NZ
4. Ryan Smith – Brothers – St Patrick’s College, Shorncliffe – Caboolture Snakes
5. Angus Blyth – Bond University – The Southport School – Casuarina Beach Rugby Club
6. Liam Wright (c) – Easts – Anglican Church Grammar School - Easts
7. Fraser McReight – Brothers – Brisbane Grammar School – Albany Creek Brumbies
8. Harry Wilson – Brothers – St Joseph’s College Gregory Terrace – Gunnedah Red Devils
9. Kalani Thomas – University of Queensland – Ipswich Grammar School - Souths
10. Lawson Creighton - Brothers - Padua College
11. Mac Grealy – University of Queensland – Downlands College – Souths Toowoomba
12. Hunter Paisami – Wests – Mangere College, Auckland
13. Josh Flook – Brothers – St Joseph’s Nudgee College - Brothers
14. Tim Ryan – Brothers – St Patrick’s College, Shorncliffe
15. Jock Campbell – University of Queensland – The Southport School – Inverell Highlanders

Reserves:
16. Josh Nasser – University of Queensland - St Joseph’s Gregory Terrace - Easts
17. Sef Fa’agase – Sunnybank – Shailer Park State High School – Beaudesert Warriors
18. Zane Nonggorr – Bond University – The Southport School – Gold Coast Eagles
19. Connor Vest – Souths - Grafton High School - Grafton Junior Rugby Club
20. John Bryant - Souths - St Laurence’s College - Souths
21. Louis Werchon – Wests – Sunshine Coast Grammar – Maroochydore Swans
22. Harry McLaughlin-Phillips – Souths-Brisbane Boys’ College – Gunnedah Red Devils
23. Suliasi Vunivalu – Wests – Saint Kentigern College, Auckland

Reactions: dru

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
CRUSADERS (1-15): George Bower, Brodie McAlister, Fletcher Newell, Scott Barrett (c), Quinten Strange, Cullen Grace, Ethan Blackadder, Christian Lio-Willie, Mitch Drummond, David Havili, Sevu Reece, Dallas McLeod, Levi Aumua, Johnny McNicholl, Leigh Halfpenny

RESERVES: George Bell, Joe Moody, Owen Franks, Jamie Hannah, Corey Kellow, Noah Hotham, Rivez Reihana, Chay Fihaki

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Reds:
1. Peni Ravai – Easts – Ratu Kadavulevu School, Fiji
2. Matt Faessler – Brothers – Toowoomba Grammar School – USQ Saints
3. Jeffery Toomaga-Allen - Norths - Wellington College, NZ
4. Ryan Smith – Brothers – St Patrick’s College, Shorncliffe – Caboolture Snakes
5. Angus Blyth – Bond University – The Southport School – Casuarina Beach Rugby Club
6. Liam Wright (c) – Easts – Anglican Church Grammar School - Easts
7. Fraser McReight – Brothers – Brisbane Grammar School – Albany Creek Brumbies
8. Harry Wilson – Brothers – St Joseph’s College Gregory Terrace – Gunnedah Red Devils
9. Kalani Thomas – University of Queensland – Ipswich Grammar School - Souths
10. Lawson Creighton - Brothers - Padua College
11. Mac Grealy – University of Queensland – Downlands College – Souths Toowoomba
12. Hunter Paisami – Wests – Mangere College, Auckland
13. Josh Flook – Brothers – St Joseph’s Nudgee College - Brothers
14. Tim Ryan – Brothers – St Patrick’s College, Shorncliffe
15. Jock Campbell – University of Queensland – The Southport School – Inverell Highlanders

Reserves:
16. Josh Nasser – University of Queensland - St Joseph’s Gregory Terrace - Easts
17. Sef Fa’agase – Sunnybank – Shailer Park State High School – Beaudesert Warriors
18. Zane Nonggorr – Bond University – The Southport School – Gold Coast Eagles
19. Connor Vest – Souths - Grafton High School - Grafton Junior Rugby Club
20. John Bryant - Souths - St Laurence’s College - Souths
21. Louis Werchon – Wests – Sunshine Coast Grammar – Maroochydore Swans
22. Harry McLaughlin-Phillips – Souths-Brisbane Boys’ College – Gunnedah Red Devils
23. Suliasi Vunivalu – Wests – Saint Kentigern College, Auckland
Glad to see Ryan retain a starting spot & Vuni relegated to the bench.

I'd have preferred HMP over Creighton though......

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No Taylor. Hopefully he's at least playing Club.

10. Havili (with Halfpenny taking the kicks a bit of a gamble imo) esp if Reds loosies can get in his face. Penney on TV was talking about Havili playing 10 "for the rest of the year" so Burke might not be as close to returning as previously indicated.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
No Taylor. Hopefully he's at least playing Club.

10. Havili (with Halfpenny taking the kicks a bit of a gamble imo) esp if Reds loosies can get in his face. Penney on TV was talking about Havili playing 10 "for the rest of the year" so Burke might not be as close to returning as previously indicated.
Is it anymore of a gamble then sticking with the other 10s they've been using (assuming Burke is still out)?