• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Having both Carlton and Collingwood both up there for the first time in years is the AFL’s wet dream…

Essendon are also in the eight…

1715399976806.jpeg

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
Realistically do they even have the money to do something similar?
They got the funds to buy some expensive League unicorns like Folau in the past and Sua'ali'i now

Maybe RA can't afford a national campaign but very speficic target is cheaper. If I am the man in charge I'd invest all the money to introduce the game in Western Sydney. The best League players came from there. League is the most similar footy code to rugby and there are hundreds of Pacific Islanders switching to League

LevitatingSocks

Ward Prentice (10)
A demographic breakdown of attendance would be intetesting
My gut feeling is that rugby leans older with more families and a few people in their 20s rolling over from playing club rugby during the day.

League feels like it not only has more fans overall, but in particular more casual fans that have never actually played league.

This is based on comparing the crowds at a Reds game vs a Broncos game.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
One of the rugby league blokes on Triple M yesterday was adamant that RA are trying to backflip on the Joseph Sua'ali'i deal and the Roosters were having conversations with them about it. Even after signing David Fifita they've got cap room under the sombrero due to Crichton, Keary and Manu all leaving the club.

Take with a grain of salt but those guys have been pretty accurate with their general player mail recently.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
One of the rugby league blokes on Triple M yesterday was adamant that RA are trying to backflip on the Joseph Sua'ali'i deal and the Roosters were having conversations with them about it. Even after signing David Fifita they've got cap room under the sombrero due to Crichton, Keary and Manu all leaving the club.

Take with a grain of salt but those guys have been pretty accurate with their general player mail recently.
That would be great news if it comes off.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)

They get it right more often than not. Players have an affinity with them over the Danny Weidler types now. Roosters have plenty of cash to spend. Got JWH leaving as well. Can imagine looking at the Tahs is also a bit of turn off at the moment with unknowns around coaches, players as well as the poor performance.

On another note I personally think the indication that the NRL want the Bears in Perth is a blow for Rugby on two fronts. One, we don't need competition in Perth where they will push money into the place and two, the re engagement of old North Sydney fans which are a vast chunk of the NSW Rugby fans & players. When every third game is back in Sydney and the competition for customer $ is high it's not a good result for Rugby.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
They get it right more often than not. Players have an affinity with them over the Danny Weidler types now. Roosters have plenty of cash to spend. Got JWH leaving as well. Can imagine looking at the Tahs is also a bit of turn off at the moment with unknowns around coaches, players as well as the poor performance.

On another note I personally think the indication that the NRL want the Bears in Perth is a blow for Rugby on two fronts. One, we don't need competition in Perth where they will push money into the place and two, the re engagement of old North Sydney fans which are a vast chunk of the NSW Rugby fans & players. When every third game is back in Sydney and the competition for customer $ is high it's not a good result for Rugby.
Yeah that's me.