• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Sevens

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
with this, the Gold Coast International 7s, the Byron Bay 7s (looking to expand apparently) and the Noosa International 7s, I think its clear that many see any opportunity with the event. What we need to ensure is we don't clutter the market. The ARU should be stepping in, sanctioning some of the events and turning it into an official circuit of some sort.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
If you want free entertainment, go watch the kids run around in your nearest park.

As a relative of a player on Saturday who has watched him play every game this season I feel I'm getting gouged.
Do you honestly believe that that is a fair price? I'll be interested to see how many people show up, I won't.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
....and also synchronise the more prestigious of the various existing and potential Colts, Schoolboy, and Junior 7's tournaments.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
As a relative of a player on Saturday who has watched him play every game this season I feel I'm getting gouged.
Do you honestly believe that that is a fair price? I'll be interested to see how many people show up, I won't.

What price do you think would be fair? If that is the price, then you have a choice, go to the event and pay the price, or do something else. A full arvo, or longer, of good quality Sevens would be worth $27 as far as I am concerned, but you pays your money and you takes your choices.

R

Rothschild

$27 will be a steal.
Tickets for the Gold Coast event next month will be way above that mark and packages start at $150 for the 2 days if last year is anything to go by.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
What price do you think would be fair? If that is the price, then you have a choice, go to the event and pay the price, or do something else. A full arvo, or longer, of good quality Sevens would be worth $27 as far as I am concerned, but you pays your money and you takes your choices.

I guess you are a Scribe fan, just kidding.
For a colts sevens comp? $15 tops. Just have footy and no band. But it's a fair point you made about making choices, et cetera, my choice has been made. Like I said will be interested to see how many people show up.

Thin Thighs

Ted Fahey (11)
$27 will be a steal.
Tickets for the Gold Coast event next month will be way above that mark and packages start at $150 for the 2 days if last year is anything to go by.

$150 sounds way to much (75 per day) for colts level 7s. It may even a bit much for pro/semi pro but would depend on the stars on show.

R

Rothschild

Apologies, when they named it the Gold Coast International 7's they did hope that the name would imply international senior teams.
Again, apologies for not being more specific.

R

rugga10

Anybody know if you can buy tickets there or do you have to get them online ? cheers

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
$27 will be a steal.

$15 for General Admission each day
$65 gets you a family pass for both days
$100 gives you access to the VIP lounge with finger food for both days

Not bad value if you ask me considering the talent on show.

observer

Tom Lawton (22)
In what could be a forerunner to how things are shaping up at West Harbour they have taken out the inaugural Super 7's title. This from their website:

Congratulations to the Colts Super 7's side who were successful in taking out the inaugural Sevens Tournament held at Woollahra Oval last Saturday (23rd October). This was a Colts U/21's Tournament and the $10 000 first prize money is the highest offered for a Colts tournament in Australia. Well done to coach Peri Maika and the various assistants including Nick Reily, Colin Sims, John Lomax, Daniel Corry and Kevin Thomas.

Players for the tournament were: Liam Windon (Captain), Alofa Alofa, David Brooks, Scott Ferris, Rob Hahn, Graeme Kolomalu, Chris Masaga, Kolin Nalasekata, Macquire Tatola, Joe Tuvitu, Bola Vanua, Jim Vosacaike. The Colts overcame a pool round defeat to progress through to the quarter finals to defeat Randwick and played strongly to defeat Sydney University in the semi finals. The boys played great 7s rugby in the final to defeat La Perouse who had been one of the form teams of the tournament. Congratulations also to Alofa Alofa who who capped off a great weekend by being named Player of the Tournament.

Pool Matches:

Game 1 v's Burwood Blues 45-5

Game 2 V's Eastern Suburns 19-38

Game 3 V's Parramatta Fiji 35-0

Quarter Final V's Randwick 17-0

Semi Final V's Sydney University 17-15

Final V's La Perouse 34-7

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
In what could be a forerunner to how things are shaping up at West Harbour they have taken out the inaugural Super 7s title.

The $10,000 first prize couldn't've gone to a better home. And we've got a few players arriving next year who should make our 7s team even better.

T

the berries

West Harbour will IMO become a power house of Rugby. They will grow and grow developing young players to further the cause.

G

Grandstand

West Harbour will IMO become a power house of Rugby. They will grow and grow developing young players to further the cause.

They certainly seem to have the talent and now the coaching and adminstration to be successful going forward. Great to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.