• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Informer

Ward Prentice (10)
Any update on where the 2010 school leavers will be playing next year? I hear a few of the NTS boys have been invited to train on with the prospect of selection for the junior Waratahs.

R

rugga10

Yes Informer, a few of this years schoolboys are currently training with the Tahs and if they have done well by the end of there trial they will be picked up by the Jnr Tahs and not all the boys were in NTS

B

baldingwingforward

Not 100% - but have heard reasonably reliably that Easts have picked up Keliti, Apo, Dunbar and Donlan, (and possibly Wylie alhough i think he is going to Randwick). Pretty handy backline if they all go, with some serious go forward provided by Keliti off the back of the scrum!

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Not 100% - but have heard reasonably reliably that Easts have picked up Keliti, Apo, Dunbar and Donlan, (and possibly Wylie alhough i think he is going to Randwick). Pretty handy backline if they all go, with some serious go forward provided by Keliti off the back of the scrum!

I think you will find that Keliti is still contracted & playing with Wests Tigers , & that Apolosi will be playing with Southern Districts.

R

rugga10

Keary has not "signed" with the Titans but has signed on with the Burleigh Bears Qld cup team and should be playing NYC if playing well for Burleigh

Informer

Ward Prentice (10)
Myles McCaffrey from Gordon to Eastwood, apparently wants to play grade and sees more opportunity with the Woodies, plus his brother plays there. A big loss for Gordon.

R

rugbyfan

What about other clubs like parra? penrith? how has their recruiting been as it was horrible last year
what about norths? manly? no talk of them

Informer

Ward Prentice (10)
I understand Tim Duschene is going to North's on the understanding he will go straight into grade. Bad move in my opinion, he needs to spend time in Colts as it is a big step up from Knox seconds, even if he did make the Aust. Schools team.

R

rugga10

Parramattas colts I think is looking shaky as a lot of there players from this year have left ie : back to subbies colts and off to other colts teams ( west harbour and eastwood). Add to this them missing out on some good juniors in there catchement Guy Millar (Uni), Ben Melrose (Uni), Luke Keary (Qld League), Tom Connor (Souths/Canberra), Jason Seage ( Eastwood), as well as David Lolohea,Big Willie Skeleton,Jason Havea, Brendan Newcombe, Scott Ferris who are at Wests and also numerous Players from the Kings and Oakhill 1xv as well as boys from the U17/18 Parramatta juniors who are off to Eastwood

B

baldingwingforward

I understand Tim Duschene is going to North's on the understanding he will go straight into grade. Bad move in my opinion, he needs to spend time in Colts as it is a big step up from Knox seconds, even if he did make the Aust. Schools team.

If he plays Grade he will get eaten alive! He has a good pass and that is it. He got found out a little on the schoolboys tour and they brought out another replacement hb to sit on the bench for the NZ game. Good luck to him but i would think that he would struggle at 2nd colts level let alone grade...

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
C'mon he is 1/2 back & it is colts.
I could name you a 1/2 back that has played Colts 1sts the past 2 years who could not tackle his mum.and his side made the semi's this year.
You only have to compete physically if you want to at 9 at this level.
at least he has a good pass

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Will Skelton played 2nd Colts with Uni this year and has just completed 6 weeks of intensive training in their EDS program.

observer

Tom Lawton (22)
Will Skelton played 2nd Colts with Uni this year and has just completed 6 weeks of intensive training in their EDS program.

How's he shaping up Bruce? Big Willy is the one that got away from Wests. He is about the only Hills Sports boy not to sign up with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.