• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Two Blues have rebranded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What's unfortunate about the Vikings losing? Pokies shouldn't be able to buy you everything you know...!

Hope they don't drain the JID of too much talent, Canberra needs a good local comp..

ACT rugby would be worse off without the Vikings pokie money...

Reactions: FTS

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
...i coulda done better...

the shield shape pisses me off, the slight gradients on the edges don't make sense god damn it!

The first sentence might look good on my tombstone.

RF, you are clearly a perfectionist. One of the interesting things about this forum is gradually learning how many members we have with very diverse talents.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
If only my uni proffessors saw this talent...

its not perfection, its proper image composition, naturally the eye really doesnt see a straight line ever, so you create a slight gradient, inverse to where the bulge should be, this shield does it in the wrong direction/should have just made it a rounded off edge.

even just adjusting this slightly:

Attachments

• mockup.jpg
    mockup.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 158

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
If Canberra boys get the ball rolling which means that Paramatta keep their juniors who KEEP the ball rolling it would be terrific.

A coach with links to Canberra isn't forever but with solid results they will attract better players from all over the place, including their heartland.

R

rugga10

Yes Burkie, the two blues lost significant finiacial backing from Parra leagues in excess of $250k i have heard, as well as this they lost numerous sponsors who provided the players with freebies and discounted prices (eg.free boots/runners etc etc.) on top of this they lost there club house witch had a large gym downstairs this loss affected the club in a large financial and cultural way.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I am a few years out of it, but in simple terms the budget of a Shute Shield club is about $1m.

Contrary to popular belief, Player payments are only about $100k or less (<10%) of the budget.

The Two Blues losing $250K would have been a major set back for an aspirational club.
Thanks Denis Fitzgerald.

I look forward to seeing a competitive Parramatta next year. It is in all our best interests.

inthestands

Sydney Middleton (9)
Great to see things looking up for Parra.

At the end of the day, can't really blame the Leagues club for pulling out to concentrate on their own club which I would think (like all Sydney NRL clubs) doesn't exactly rake in the cash.

My question is why Parra didn't excel when they had an extra quarter-million $$$ coming in each year?!? Surely that's enough to just about win a comp...

inthestands

Sydney Middleton (9)
If only my uni proffessors saw this talent...

its not perfection, its proper image composition, naturally the eye really doesnt see a straight line ever, so you create a slight gradient, inverse to where the bulge should be, this shield does it in the wrong direction/should have just made it a rounded off edge.

even just adjusting this slightly:

Why don't you approach all the TNSS clubs with logo designs? You seem to have a bit of a grip of which clubs/comps need progressive logos and which need ones which require a historic element.

Surely you have some possible designs going for all Aus teams (Super Rugby & Wallabies), possibly with the exception of Rebels... I for one like seeing your designs so post away!!

As a general thought, how long should professional teams hang onto logos? American sports rarely change, European sports seem to be very traditional and rarely change; AFL are reticent to change but NRL (and to a smaller extent, Super Rugby) change a bit more regularly...

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
Why don't you approach all the TNSS clubs with logo designs? You seem to have a bit of a grip of which clubs/comps need progressive logos and which need ones which require a historic element.

Surely you have some possible designs going for all Aus teams (Super Rugby & Wallabies), possibly with the exception of Rebels... I for one like seeing your designs so post away!!

As a general thought, how long should professional teams hang onto logos? American sports rarely change, European sports seem to be very traditional and rarely change; AFL are reticent to change but NRL (and to a smaller extent, Super Rugby) change a bit more regularly...

I am Approaching a few with logos in fact, and a few clubs in queensland Im designing for in the hopes one day they get into the Hospital Cup.

I have designs for the rebels, not much else because I think the current ones are good. Wallabies don't need one either, 7's team does though which I have.

It depends on the style of design. Traditional crests etc should always stay with eternity, maybe with slight updates adding a modern section to them. Modern/progressive ones rarely last more than 10 years without adjustment, though some last that time as the end up falling into a traditional image (ie the wallabies only would require slight mods in about 10 years). American sports change more than you would actively notice in the NBL, NFL and NHL, the MLB are more or less text type logos and therefore don't require it, as the image is based on a twinning of the word and font. AFL are smart in putting out their old logos with new ones used in duality. NRL has americanised too much for my liking, rely too much on the mascot rather than the tradtion, which requires change, as images complex in nature require multiple modifications.

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Thats not really the point I was making here Mr Slim - I know how much the Vikes put into the Brumbies, who then re-distribute it. My own club is a beneficiary of this.

Merely stating that buying a team every other year shouldn't guarantee a club a premiership. Hats off to Queanbeyan who have far more home grown talent in their premiership sides, and they don't have any where near the budget of Vikings.

Status
Not open for further replies.