• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HappyHC

Plenty of chat about 2011 - surely parramatta should be at the head of any discussion about which club will end up with the wooden spoon this season given their 2010 form?

C

clarencetheclocker

no. I am an admin. I have access to this information. Breaking privacy rules would be listing them for you.

Not so.
Breaking the privacy rules would be even accessing the information for anything but official business and the meer fact you used that information to support a general comment is certainly a breach of privacy.
Seems a general lesson in basic law is needed.

H

HappyHC

I look forward to an e-mail from you then. And me finding out who you are (seems only fair).

Not a case of being a "mole" either - I am just entitled to some privacy and don't wish to receive comments or get into disucssions that would surely arise should everyone know the information that you have access to.

I look forward to hearing from you.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I look forward to an e-mail from you then. And me finding out who you are (seems only fair).

Not a case of being a "mole" either - I am just entitled to some privacy and don't wish to receive comments or get into disucssions that would surely arise should everyone know the information that you have access to.

I look forward to hearing from you.

you have your privacy, I didn't release any information.

You also have an e-mail from me.

P

Parra GM

Parramatta are just doin what has been done to them for years and now the other clubs dont like it and so now they know how parramatta have felt for years

We have lost an enormous amount of players over the years. And players of all levels too. What should have been of concern to those who ran the club at the time was why were they leaving? Rather than just throw more money at someone else which ultimately led to the withdrawal of our funding source.

What the other clubs should be concerned about is that we are now getting our act together. No question 2010 in particular was a difficult year. But we all expected that. I believe it is the year we had to have. We can only go in one direction now and we are. Short term, we will continue to keep our current colts and grade players. So at the very least that will have a detrimental effect on Penrith and Wests recruitment. Long term, we're getting serious about looking after our juniors. As a former Parra junior myself, we complained back in the 80s that nothing was done to assist our juniors. Now we have people in positions to be able to address that, we have and we will continue to do so. We are the second largest district in terms of registrations in Sydney and when we stop the playing drain from juniors out of the place, we will have no need to recruit from outside except for the odd position here and there.

We'll never be able to compete with Uni for off field programs but hey, give us the amount of tax payer dollars they receive and we'll build a dynasty the envy of the competition too.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I'm not trying to take one side or another in this particular privacy debate but I'm generally curious, who considers their email address to be private?

I certainly don't, if I get an email I don't like I junk it.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
I think most of the regulars here don't have anything to hide at all. whilst they have screen names they're extremely thin viels to basically protect from spammers and trolls. If you expect no one to examine the ISP or server your email is coming from its idiotic.

T

TheTruth

Seems like a lot of crap to even waste time on it.
Understand why we all want some 'privacy" - so comments and opinions can be made without some dick giving grief to you and then making the comments/opinions very personal.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however wrong - ha ha

P

Parra GM

Also Parra GM would a partnership with UWS help? I always thought they should link up better.

RF we have an established link with UWS at the moment. However it is very light on and does not even compare to anything Syd Uni can offer. UWS have told us that they do not receive the funding for college fees that SU does and as such cannot offer similar packages.

CarlUnger

Chris McKivat (8)
Really looking forward to this upcoming season. Would be nice if Gordon improve from last year though it would seem unlikely considering the rumoured changes. Anyway, just keen to see some exciting Sydney grade rugby again and see if Parramatta and Penrith can get some success to end of all of the negativity.

Status
Not open for further replies.