• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Rugby Clubs Who should I play for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlUnger

Chris McKivat (8)
Randwick and Eastern Suburbs of course come to mind first, they are the major clubs which are closest to you. But there are plenty more options out there especially since you will be living in a strong rugby area.

P

Parra GM

yeh I am in the same boat.. moving down to unsw kensington in a week or two, and have no idea of any of the sydney rugby clubs.. i am going on 19, a back who has played a bit of rep footy in qld.. any ideas on clubs for me gents?

Stop off at Parra on your way in. You are most welcome

O

OrangePeeler

I played with Petersham when I lived in Leichhardt, they had just dropped down to Div. 3 subbies (and i think they are still there). with Hawkesbury Valley, Petersham had the best social life for a club that I have played for. They play/train at are at Camperdown oval close to Parr Rd and short walk from Newtown train station.

Also, the Kings old boys (5yrs ago) trained in Glebe drank at the Knags Head Pub but played out at Kings School. Might be something to look into as well.

G

Goldenone

yeh I am in the same boat.. moving down to unsw kensington in a week or two, and have no idea of any of the sydney rugby clubs.. i am going on 19, a back who has played a bit of rep footy in qld.. any ideas on clubs for me gents?
As a Qlder going to Sydney and,I am guessing,from the GPS comp. up here, then Randwick is the only place for you my boy.Not too far from the UNSW plus there are a lot of UNSW boys at Randwick.Great club,fantastic tradition.Goo dluck and have fun.

T

troya

the Dundas Valley boys in Subbies, the mighty Meldrum Cup 6th Division. When they came over to play my Seaforth they were always nice guys to have a beer with after. Hard nuts on the field, but thats what rugby is about isnt it.
Cheers, Troy

Reactions: DPK

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)

whats wrong with NSW Uni side? Good facilities there.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I play for Balmain, RF. 3rd div subbies (epping, hills, petersham, hawkesbury valley, blue mtns, waverly and maybe some others in the comp). We train and play at blackmore oval leichhardt. It's my first season playing here and I haven't played for about 4 or 5 seasons but it seems like a good bunch of guys with 4 senior teams and a colts team.

www.balmainrugby.com

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Usually 7 but the joy of subbies is that I've played every pos in the back 5 so far this year (and depsite the fact that most of my junior rugby was at hooker). Why'd you ask?

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Usually 7 but the joy of subbies is that I've played every pos in the back 5 so far this year (and depsite the fact that most of my junior rugby was at hooker). Why'd you ask?

He thought you were Drew Mitchell.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
well I am injured at the moment so draw what conclusions you will from that...

Status
Not open for further replies.