• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

John I Dent Cup - Canberra Competition -

Status
Not open for further replies.

canberra2011

Peter Burge (5)
Vikings / Royals

I was lucky enough to watch the Viking v Royals game on the weekend, was a good level of rugby. Really looking forward to watching the Royals team develop this year I think as a team Vikings were superior however the skill and performances of the individuals at Royals was outstanding. The back line looked sharp with ball in hand, lacked in defense however. Hopefully some of the players that are injured
Players out are Eugene Mulipola, Tom Pelo, Mick Brandt, Kyron Pita, Joe Kolo, Scott Patterson, Jack Sutton, Leo Taliu and Ben Johnston. So a fair whack of talent not on display for us yesterday.
are big defensive backs there will be a good mix. I think as the season progresses they will gel and come away with the premiership.
Vikings looked good really consistant, good forward drive form the front row (hooker was a good player) but lacked a little in the backs. The half back looked to be a little old and couldnt keep up however he still walked away with 3 trys.

Would like to know who was filming the game and if it is broadcasted or online somewhere?

Brian

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Brian, check channelvision on YouTube, they might post highlights from the match. Otherwise, if you're friends with the coach, he might lend you a copy of the match DVD.

Welcome by the way, great post.

C

Canon76

How did Jordan Goddard go? good kid, good player

Jordan played Second grade but came on as a replacement in first grade. Played really well in 2's and was very solid when he got on the park for 1st grade.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Can somebody tell me what club Jamie Marmont or 'chainsaw' is playing for in sydney this year?

G

GLRooster

Junior Rasolea played 13 for Uni-Norths 1sts and looked the goods - made some good strong runs and has a turn of pace too. First time in a couple of years that the Owls backline were not leaky in defence. Depth will be an issue, as always, for the Owls. Several injuries on the weekend will test that - next weekend against Quangers will be interesting.

S

sportsfan

will there be vision of the Tuggies/Royals match put up on channel vision?

R

random477

It is up, click on the Uni Norhs vs Easts game, at the top it should have a drop down that has 126 Videos next to it. In there you'll find the Tuggies/Royals match

Italian Stallion

Stan Wickham (3)
Should be a good gauge to see how Royals will go this season. Few players filtering back into the 1st Grade side, return of Joe Kolo from Tongan duty means the back row is at full strength. Be good to see how the backs go though still missing our front line players in Scott Patterson, Leo Taliu and Ben Johnston.
Be keen to see the Eagles also this weekend, word is it that Finegan is really stamped his authority on the club and has dropped players such as Noriega, McGee, Dawes, Barrell to 2nds due to "lack of commitment", see if this is the case or just a smoke screen...

C

Canon76

the brumbies website for the local competition is terrible. They can not even post the listed teams for the weekend !

C

Canon76

They never have to be honest

Last year in the team sheet section , they actually had the team sheets !!!! If all clubs need to send this information in during the week in order for the team sheets to be in stampede, then surely this information can be placed on the website !

S

sportsfan

They never have to be honest
it reflects the inward focus the organisation has. its all about them not the fans, not the public, not the community. its all about the players...apparently. Only one radio station playing in Brumbyland WIFM (Whats In It for Me!)

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I caught the last part of the Eagles v. Royals match with the Eagles running out 49-11 winners.
It looked like the few tries I did see were long range efforts by the Eagles.

C

Canon76

I caught the last part of the Eagles v. Royals match with the Eagles running out 49-11 winners.
It looked like the few tries I did see were long range efforts by the Eagles.
So is that some sort of non response for the the past couple of posts ? By the way Owls win on the bell over the whites

Status
Not open for further replies.