• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyboulevard

Bob McCowan (2)
GPS 1 prediction
1 Ben Tarr (BBC)
2 Maile Nguamo (IGS)
3 Fatai Latu (IGS)
4 Sam Fattal (TSS)
5 Sam Kerevi (BSHS)
6 Levi Aumua (BGS)
7 Kristian Satui (NC)
8 Curtis Browning (BSHS) (C)
9 Matt Fairnington (TSS)
10 Billy Brittain (NC)
11 Denzel King (IGS)
12 Grant Davies (BGS)
13 Nick Oui (TSS)
14 Craig Hunt (NC)
15 Chris Sautia (BSHS)

Ben Tarr? Is he even playing firsts?

W

Watcher

BGS accounted for Downlands 25 21 with BGS resting a number players. TGS accounted for the luckless GT side.

C

chrisjj94

Brittain and Davies both have to be in the team obviously, Davies would just do a better job of adapting to 12 seeing as he has more of a running game than Brittain.

Doesn't matter, you dont put an australian schoolboys flyhalf behind a second tier player just cause he runs more, Grant leads the players around and you need him at his actual position if you want him to do well, Billy brittain is nowhere near as good as Davies is.

O

OLDDOG

This is shaping up to be a very interesting season indeed, which is great for the comp. All 3 of last years champs have now been beaten with Ippy and churchie hitting form to remain unbeaten- fantastic for those lads, well done to them. reports from the TSS nudgee game being a close one, with a potential game winning try by the TSS 9 disallowed for lost forward in the tackle whilst grounding - apparently contentious. TSS forwards stronger than nudgee, peraka and vassilides? in great form, and Nudgee backline more incisive than TSS, the lads standing waaay too deep and getting stopped behind the advantage line - a real arm wrestle by all accounts.
Looking forward to round 3, State v Nudgee should be a cracker, as will Churchie v TSS.

H

hurge

I heard TSS have picked up a few serious injuries to some key players, any truth to this?
TSS suffered a few big blows in the pre season, i have heard that their prize no.12 is out for the season with a broken leg.
the TSS backline have had little chance to work together in the pre season, with their first run together as a backline against nudgee, no wonder they weren't up to scratch.

Having watched the TSS v Nudgee game, i can say that the TSS forward pack dominated, but the TSS backline could not pull off much against the Nudgee backline, who looked dangerous every time they touched the ball. TSS were unlucky not to get a try from their half back, which was called as a knock on, it could of gone either way. TSS also missed 2 converstions and a penalty, whilst nudgee hit both their converstions.
Stand out players seemed to be the TSS- no. 2 & 7 and Nudgee- no. 15.

W

Watcher

TSS suffered a few big blows in the pre season, i have heard that their prize no.12 is out for the season with a broken leg.
the TSS backline have had little chance to work together in the pre season, with their first run together as a backline against nudgee, no wonder they weren't up to scratch.

Having watched the TSS v Nudgee game, i can say that the TSS forward pack dominated, but the TSS backline could not pull off much against the Nudgee backline, who looked dangerous every time they touched the ball. TSS were unlucky not to get a try from their half back, which was called as a knock on, it could of gone either way. TSS also missed 2 converstions and a penalty, whilst nudgee hit both their converstions.
Stand out players seemed to be the TSS- no. 2 & 7 and Nudgee- no. 15.

TSS lost though, correct?

L

L-Time2011

brandon khuu bshs 11 played exceptional yesterday so i have heard even though the team went down by two tries

Cody Blackhurst (hooker) and Jack Cornelson (2nd row) from BGS should definitely be considered for rep teams after two very solid performances so far

H

hurge

Cody Blackhurst (hooker) and Jack Cornelson (2nd row) from BGS should definitely be considered for rep teams after two very solid performances so far

both of them left TSS at the end of last year is this true?

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
nah from my understanding most of churchie 1st 15 are year 12. only 8,10,14,15 are grade 11 and 6 is grade 10

J

jddd

willl be a another very interseting round of fixtures to come this weekend.
tss vs acgs-- this is a very tough game to call, tss looking to redeem a close loss and churchie in form. tough to call but i'll say churchie by 5
nc vs bshs-- another big game, nudgee at home will be a tough challenge for the state high outfit, nc by 10
bbc vs gt-- i cant see terrace beating a strong bbc outfit, bbc by 20
igs vs bgs-- despite talk from grammar, the igs outfit looking too strong and in red hot form. igs by 20

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Any idea who will take over from Sam Greene at fullback? Not too sure about the seriousness of his injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.