• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

James O'Connor - where will he go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Must be close to D-day. If he waited until the bye week to avoid distracting from the Forces preparation it nearly needs to be tomorrow or he risks interfering with this weekends build up.

Personally I'm tipping the Reds to get him - if as he stated it's a rugby decision what other serious option does he have? Rebuild the Brumbies without AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Gits and the Rebels are still a huge gamble. Only leaves the Force which I will say will be close but just can't offer what QLD can.

B

bazzamacca

Rebels. Done deal. Bazza knows all.

Must be close to D-day. If he waited until the bye week to avoid distracting from the Forces preparation it nearly needs to be tomorrow or he risks interfering with this weekends build up.

Personally I'm tipping the Reds to get him - if as he stated it's a rugby decision what other serious option does he have? Rebuild the Brumbies without AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Gits and the Rebels are still a huge gamble. Only leaves the Force which I will say will be close but just can't offer what QLD can.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
He is a young kid, Brissie is home. Reds are the only franchise not in disarray.
It will take lot's of extra cash for anyone other than the Reds to sign him....
he's going home I reckon

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Rebels in disarray? How so

You haven't been reading the SMH enough BR. If we are to believe Growden, the Rebels are a joke franchise, run by people who couldn't manage a paper bag and rife with internal problems.

I think I might know why he thinks all super franchises are like that...

That being said, I think JOC (James O'Connor) may end up in QLD, but I think it would be to the detriment of Australian Rugby.

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
The Cipriani thing is a player with off field issues who is being strongly assisted by his club to resolve his issues, wheres the disarray here.
On the field , at the start of this season most touted the Rebels to not win a game. Instead despite a horrendous run of injuries and some less than, great defensive efforts, the Rebels have had a far more succesful start up season than any other newcomer to Super Rugby.No disarray here.
The Rebels have also unearthed this tear two of the brightest prospects in Australian Rugby for some time in Nick Phipps and Hugh Pyle . Watch these guys become great players in coming years. Also Ged Robinson was 3rd string hooker at Hurricanes before being developed into a top rater at the Rebels . No disarray here.
Been to game at the Stockade, best atmosphere in Australian Super Rugby by a country mile,even when the team is not winning. No disarray here.
Seen the Rebels guys in the community fulfilling there 5 star obligations with pride and commitment. Not much disarray here I think either.

Would actually call this year succesful.

JimboJoe1006

Chris McKivat (8)
Nah, he is going to the Tahs :fishing

I wrote a little while ago that I was surprised that I had not heard of NSW making a play for JOC (James O'Connor). He would make a wonderful 12 for the Tahs, alongside Barnes and Horne/AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Would love to see Biebs in navy blue, but with Ioane leaving for Japan and freeing up a little SC space, it's all lining up for the Reds.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Every week for the past month the media has said he will annouce that week, he needs to hurry up. I think people are overlooking the Force, i will not be suprised at all if he stays. I would love to see him in The red of QLD

T

TOCC

I reckon the force will pull out a big $$$ trump deal...

He is just to valuable to that club, it would crazy if he left..

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I'm going to call that he stays with the Force. The longer he takes to decide, the better the chances of the incumbent I reckon. They have a chance to get in his ear, share more on the plan for the future etc. His performances over the next couple of weeks will tell the tale.

That's my 2c for what it's worth.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
i guess he really needs to work out what position he sees himself playing down the track. If he really wants to be a 10, the Qld might not be a great choice. On the other hand, if he wants to be 12... Genia, Cooper, JOC (James O'Connor), Fainga'a, Ioane, Morahan, Harris with Hynes and Davies to add? Noice.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I'm going to call that he stays with the Force. The longer he takes to decide, the better the chances of the incumbent I reckon. They have a chance to get in his ear, share more on the plan for the future etc. His performances over the next couple of weeks will tell the tale.

That's my 2c for what it's worth.

Thats what I was thinking too, and then it has taken so freaking long I started to swing away from the Force again. Hope your right.

Status
Not open for further replies.