• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
Not as big a catastrophe as I would have thought after fogetting to change my team this week. Still scored 260 and only dropped 1 in the GAGR league and 75 overall.
Would've been a decent score of 348 if I had've made my planned changes. Oh well, still not too far off the pace...

AkRiD

Allen Oxlade (6)
A Good week.

Finished with 361pts (still only moved up one spot), my risk with David Smith kinda payed off with 26pts from him.
For a minute yesterday I thought I had chosen the wrong Ebersohn twin, but Robert pulled through with a revised score of 38.

Alberts was a dissapointment, so was Fruean (-5 and 4 respectively), but coulda been worse.

As for this week, its not looking too bad, got two forced changes in Mealamu and Messam (unfortunately have Robinson and Todd on the bench for those two).
Reckon I'll hold on to David Smith for another week as he comes up against his old club.

The only other problems I face is whether to go for Cheetahs or Bulls (Ebersohn or Olivier?) and contemplating bringing in a few Highlanders, Poki off the bench for Fruean maybe and perhaps Nasi Manu for J. Strauss.

Holding onto my wildcard till round 14 payed off and is making these few weeks a lot easier.
Hope my good fortune continues.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
scores look to be final now. i somehow picked up about 40 points since the adjustments started. still dropped 2 places in the g&gr league but gained 160 globally. which just shows the quality of our group.

You're right about the G&GR league. I went up in every other league I'm in and was in the top 1% for the week. Went down! 2 places in G&GR. You wouldn't want to have a bad round at G&GR - you'd disappear down the table in a big hurry.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
360 points this week was enough to jump me 5 spots to 11 in the G&GR league. Tough week to score high.

I've already brought in Moore for Mealamu. Would like to replace Payne or Fruean with a Canes outside back - but I'm scared of Gear, and bloody Jane is injured. Anyone know when Jane will be back? I am totally stumped with who to bring in to my outside backs - Lambie is a possibility right now I think. Poki will definitely come back in off my bench, assuming he's past his injury problems.

I think Pocock may have been a mistake. This year he is not scoring anywhere near enough Fantasy points to justify his price.

R

royboi

360 points this week was enough to jump me 5 spots to 11 in the G&GR league. Tough week to score high.

I've already brought in Moore for Mealamu. Would like to replace Payne or Fruean with a Canes outside back - but I'm scared of Gear, and bloody Jane is injured. Anyone know when Jane will be back? I am totally stumped with who to bring in to my outside backs - Lambie is a possibility right now I think. Poki will definitely come back in off my bench, assuming he's past his injury problems.

I think Pocock may have been a mistake. This year he is not scoring anywhere near enough Fantasy points to justify his price.

yeh its hard with outside backs... mccabe is worth considering tho ;)
and my theory with pocock is he gets a lot of pilfers and a lot of penalties as well. 4 points for a pilfer and -3 for a penalty. i have no idea why hes worth so much?

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
yeh its hard with outside backs... mccabe is worth considering tho ;)
and my theory with pocock is he gets a lot of pilfers and a lot of penalties as well. 4 points for a pilfer and -3 for a penalty. i have no idea why hes worth so much?

Pocock was the highest scoring backrower with 34.9 points per game last year. Hence his price tag.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
thomson is back against the lions. it's his 50th cap with the highlanders too, just for that extra bit of motivation. something to ponder...

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Pocock would be my sacrificial lamb for Thomson. Bit unsure on Thomson though as I doubt he'll go the full 80, but reckon he might score better than Pocock anyway. And be cheaper!

Currently, I am trying to choose between Corey Jane or Hosea Gear. I think I'll dump Fruean for either Jane or Gear, which should be a good two round bet as they have the weakened Force followed by the Lions at home. Also need to dump Payne, but in no hurry at the moment.

Sykes may be out this week as well, which causes further problems for me. Fortunately I still have 3 transfers in hand...

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Not sure about the Canes, they should flog the Force but its supposed to be 5 degrees and pissing rain. Not exactly great scoring conditions (in both rugby and fantasy)

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Alberts is on the bench!!!! Thank you Mr Plumtree! I now have to sell him so I can keep Messam on the bench for the bye. But I've already got four changes to make! Something's got to give and maybe it'll be my brain.

OzSash

Allen Oxlade (6)
Alberts is on the bench!!!! Thank you Mr Plumtree! I now have to sell him so I can keep Messam on the bench for the bye. But I've already got four changes to make! Something's got to give and maybe it'll be my brain.

Agreed - that has fucked me as well this week having already made my changes. Oh well ... hoping he comes off the bench to score a hattrick :)

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Loaded up on Inside Backs a few weeks ago to cover byes and now wondering who I should bench this week

Giteau vs Stormers
Oliver vs Cheetahs
Quade vs Crusaders
Kurtley vs Sharks

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Loaded up on Inside Backs a few weeks ago to cover byes and now wondering who I should bench this week

Giteau vs Stormers
Oliver vs Cheetahs
Quade vs Crusaders
Kurtley vs Sharks

Very similar to my inside backs except I have Dan carter instaed of QC (Quade Cooper).

I've benched KB (Kurtley Beale).

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
worried about my back row this week - thommo coming back from injury, lam and alcock. could be genius, could be disaster. my form suggests disaster

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Reckon I might bring in Vito or Thomson for Alberts. Debating if I should leave Pocock in or not. Also leaves me with both Lam and Vito in the backrow, at least temporarily. Don't like two in the same team in the same position, although the Canes are out of byes.

Sykes being left in leaves me with options...reckon I am going to buy Corey Jane.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
OK, who would you guys bench out of this lot?

Gits, Beale, Dan Carter, or Siale Piutau?

I'm actually tempted to go Dan Carter or Gits, believe it or not. Maybe Gits. Anyone have any thoughts?

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I traded Vito and Thomsen in for this week.

Thomsen probably won't score as high first week back but he is necessary going forward IMO. And with players dropping like flies through either injury or benching to me it was a safer option to bring him in this week where we get an extra trade.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Wildcard played, only KB (Kurtley Beale), MacCabe, HOrwill and Chillyboy survived!

Benn, Strauss, [JCvR]
BdP, [Chillyboy]
Horwill, FvdM, [Timani]
Vito, Higginbotham, Thomson, [Whitely]
Genia [White]
Beale, Carter (c), Olivier, [Sias Ebersohn]
SBW, Poki, MacCabe [The cleaning ladie]

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
JC JvR, Strauss, (Big Mac)
Moore, (Ged Robinson)
Franco vdM, Sykes, (Campbell)
Vito (c), Lam, Thomson, (Messam)
Pretorius, (Phipps)
Beale, Dan Carter, Siale Puitau, (Gits)
McCabe, Jane, Poki, (Fruean)

Taking a risk on both Clan wingers, and a few of the Horrorcanes backrow. Had Jane as captain, but switched to Vito at the last minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.