• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Hurricanes 2011R15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Really not happy with the way the game was reffed at the break down.

Another game the force should have won though.

Good things. Standard was brilliant. Longbottom is looking great for stock props. Dellit is comming along really well too. Good news for the force.

Go the force!!!!

D

daz

By rights the Force should never have gotten so close to the Canes, let alone look like they might pull off a win.

The fact they almost did, with huge players out, was super impressive. A loss is a loss, and I'm sure it is little consolation to the players and supporters, but I thought the Force were great tonight.

PS: Not for nothing, but my heart bleeds a bit every time I see Sharpie having to make the same speech over and over again. Respect.

I understand the pros and cons for who should get the gig and they have been debated here ad infinitum, but anyone who says Sharpe isn't a solid choice for RWC Wallaby captain (should Rocky not get up) is fooling themselves.

R

RuckinGoodStats

25 missed tackles in the match. 19 by the Hurricanes 17 by the Force, but the Force missed 9 of those in the last 20 minutes where the Hurricanes but on 17 points.

The last passage of play where the Force where attacking the Hurricanes try line was 3 minutes and 32 seconds long with 17 phases strung together.

Ref Glen Jackson was force to award 12 penalties in the game (6 a piece) which is well below the competition average of 19.5 per game.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Best example is the way the game ended clearly both tacklers never released the player and had there hands all over the ball.

If anyone can help out. What was the Scrum free kicks for? There was one that the force fist even move and the hurricanes went earlie but the free kick went the other way?

The penalty on Shepard for not rolling on the left touch line 5 meters out from the canes try line was a Terrible call.

For his first game though Probably not so terrible.

Go the force!!!!

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
PS: Not for nothing, but my heart bleeds a bit every time I see Sharpie having to make the same speech over and over again. Respect.

I understand the pros and cons for who should get the gig and they have been debated here ad infinitum, but anyone who says Sharpe isn't a solid choice for RWC Wallaby captain (should Rocky not get up) is fooling themselves.

It might not be quite what you meant, daz, but I just make the observation that experience in making losing speeches is hopefully not a criterion for selection of our World Cup captain.

Reactions: daz

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Best example is the way the game ended clearly both tacklers never released the player and had there hands all over the ball.

If anyone can help out. What was the Scrum free kicks for? There was one that the force fist even move and the hurricanes went earlie but the free kick went the other way?

The penalty on Shepard for not rolling on the left touch line 5 meters out from the canes try line was a Terrible call.

For his first game though Probably not so terrible.

Go the force!!!!

I haven't watched the replay or anything but it looked like the ball was still off the ground which enabled the Canes to get their hands on it and kill it.

That's how I saw that last play anyway.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
It's inevitable that with a last phase like that in a close match there are going to he the odd post having a shot at the ref, but i think that would be a bit harsh on gj. He certainly showed no bias and given the amount of defenders the canes were putting into each ruck i certainly don't have any problems with the last call.

Force had their chance to win it. Was it 17 phases in the last passage but just couldnt take it, do feel for their fans as they were vastly superior in the breakdown and ruck.

Canes explosive backs robbed them of a deserved victory.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Thought the ref was fine. Good in fact. TBH it is becoming pretty typical after a Force game that there is a couple of posters having a go at the ref. It is getting pretty tired.

In the end it was a couple of freakish offloads from Cruden which won the game for the Canes. The Force were great but just couldn't match him when push came to shove.

Reactions: daz

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Come on Barbar I've been good for a good month!! Not had a whinge for a long time.

Dame cruden looked good in the last 20 though.

Go the force!!!!

A

a don

Twas a good game to watch. Both sides really had a go and like others I was impressed with the force given the injury list. Sharpie deserves a lot of credit for the way he stays positive after games and looks critically at what the opposition did well as well as areas for improvement. It is bloody hard to watch the poor bastard week after week though.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Come on Barbar I've been good for a good month!! Not had a whinge for a long time.

Dame cruden looked good in the last 20 though.

Go the force!!!!

Cruden reminds me of Cooper with many of the same flaws but without that extra level of super-flair.

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
Thought the ref was fine. Good in fact. TBH it is becoming pretty typical after a Force game that there is a couple of posters having a go at the ref. It is getting pretty tired.

I also thought the ref was OK, especially considering it was his first super game.

Why is it that none of the posters on this forum have twigged to the fact that it is always Shiggins that moans about the ref? Or if you do realise it why not write something direct like;

'TBH it is becoming pretty typical after a Force game that Shiggins has a go at the ref. It is getting pretty tired"

Stop blaming Shiggins moaning and groaning about refs on all Force fans.

Note to Shiggins: Stop whinging about the ref. It's like a broken fucking record!

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I was surprised at how the Force Pigs dominated the Canes for long periods and not just in the backrow. Stannard had a great game for the Force as did Wykes and Sharpe yet again.

For all that I got the sense from half time that the Force were tiring and it was a matter of time before the breaks started to come and sure enough they did the Canes ran away with it at the end. I doubt the Hurricanes would be thinking like Bismark DuPlesis and saying that the Force are weak.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I wasn't surprised. The Canes have the worst tight 5 in the comp.

Signs look good for the Force post-JOC (James O'Connor) however. Did Inman get on I don't remember?

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I also thought the ref was OK, especially considering it was his first super game.

Why is it that none of the posters on this forum have twigged to the fact that it is always Shiggins that moans about the ref? Or if you do realise it why not write something direct like;

'TBH it is becoming pretty typical after a Force game that Shiggins has a go at the ref. It is getting pretty tired"

Stop blaming Shiggins moaning and groaning about refs on all Force fans.

Note to Shiggins: Stop whinging about the ref. It's like a broken fucking record!

Yeh Todd. I have actually said this before. Stop saying force fans when it's me. Lol.

The broken record has been out of the player for a
While though mate. I haven't said anything the last 5 rounds or so because I think the games
Have been well reffed. Funnily enough though the other supporters for teams we played against have had a whinge. Why is it so bad too point out mistakes in a ref? I will do it For both sides. Eg. Vito got pinged for not releasing the player when he pilfered. He was hard done by there.

As a force fan I am actually really happy with the game. Standard will make a good go at everyone's team
Of the week. It's only 1 game but I think we all have been waiting too see his play. He was so fucking good. He holds the ball up so well. Everyone he passed too went over the ad line. Willi is going too struggle coming back because Inman dellit and even sidey when he came on played so well and Standard has too start next week . Long-bottom had his best game too date. Won't say too much about swanapole ( spelling) though.

The force are starting too replace guys that have left now like drew and cross. Really happy with the whole team. And all of a sudden there is hope if JOC (James O'Connor) leaves. 3 try's with no JOC (James O'Connor) is a first this year.

That's better rugby talk.

Go the force!!!!

D

danielok

Another good game from Shepherd. The back line looks really solid when he's there. If he stays fit for the last few rounds this is surely his redemption year. Any chance of a spot on the bench as reserve fullback/wing for the wallabies? Would be a good backup for KB (Kurtley Beale).

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Another good game from Shepherd. The back line looks really solid when he's there. If he stays fit for the last few rounds this is surely his redemption year. Any chance of a spot on the bench as reserve fullback/wing for the wallabies? Would be a good backup for KB (Kurtley Beale).

KB (Kurtley Beale) had a poor game today against the Shorks too. Very poor...

Status
Not open for further replies.