• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 15 Waratahs MOM v Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Not an easy round to score because there were very few standouts. Probably why we didn't win I guess.

3. Hangers. Despite the first try I thought he showed that he did have the class at this level that all the knockers said wasn't in him.
2. Kepu. Although he played less than 40, he was totally dominant in the loose and great in the scrum. Might have made the difference without his injury.
1. Carter. No one stood out but Tom was good in most of what he did.

HM to Pakalani, he looked very good but handling let him down at one crucial moment.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
3. Hangers - had a good game, solid but didn't really provide the direction that is required.
2. Alcock - good game around the park and showing why he should have been ahead of McCutcheon if Hickey knew his arse from his elbow.
1. Robinson - getting back to his best and would have had a clean sheet if Kaplan wasn't a biased idiot.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
3. Hangers - Yes he was a turnstile for the Sharks first try but the rest of his game was good
2. Alcock - Tahs better sign him next year
1. Tom Carter - Haven't been able to give Tom points lately. It feels good that I can this week. I wonder how his neck is.

sevenpointdropgoal

Larry Dwyer (12)
3. Hangers - I though he looked pretty good.
2. Alcock - I hope we don't lose him next season.
1. Pakalani - Pity about that missed try though.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
3. Alcock
2. Hangers
1. Dennis

- Kaplan. Every time there was a quiet moment he decided to penalise Mowen. Their advantages were retained when they kicked the ball, and there were countless occasions when i nearly woke up my neighbours screaming "What the hell was that for?"

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Lots of solid dependable ayers but no stand outs. Sounds like a season trend

3: Alcock (as above)
2: timani (really coming along - I'm now sorry we are losing him)
1: benn (very solid game in defense)
HM to pakalani mowen and kepu - pity he couldn't stay on

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sorry I don't see how anyone can pick Hangers, that first try was dreadful. And whilst he did end up scoring one the first try cost us the game. Way too soft. He didn't even touch him.

3. Alcock
2. Baxter
1. Carter

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Sorry I don't see how anyone can pick Hangers, that first try was dreadful. And whilst he did end up scoring one the first try cost us the game. Way too soft. He didn't even touch him.

3. Alcock
2. Baxter
1. Carter

I reckon Alcock's miss on Lambie was just as bad. Alcock had six missed tackles, that's too many for me to give him any points.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member

3. Alcock
2. Baxter
1. Carter

Hangers also did the most of the work of Turner's try.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)

3. Alcock
2. Baxter
1. Carter

Alcock was the inside defender and therefore it was more his responsibility to pick up Lambie. He also apparently missed six tackles in the game, not what you need from a 7.

T

TheNextBigThing

Alcock looked good round the park but six missed tackles is too many for a back-rower. Hangers took good opportunities when they presented themselves and played with some enterprise which is such a turnaround from his earlier 2011 appearances.

3. Halangahu
2. Timani
1. Kepu (a bigger presence for 40 minutes than anyone, really strong carries)

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah agree with NBT that Alcock missed too many tackles. Cost us dearly.

3. Halangahu
2. Robinson
1. TPN

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
3. Hangers (best game this season)
2. Timani (improving in each outing)
1. Alcock

Surprised by some of the votes to Carter, but then again that's not new on G&GR....

Richo

John Thornett (49)
3. Hangers. Played with purpose and largely kicked well in general play.
2. Benn. A couple of harsh penalties, IMO.
1. Timani. Gave away a few penalties but was all over the park.

A

a don

hangers was terrific and really amde up for the shocker he had against the crusaders. His confidence is back.

But I pick the tahs forwards for MOM as the lineout and scrum was dominant and they stood up to the Stormers. really enjoyed the game and things just didnt quite go the right way for the taths

Status
Not open for further replies.