• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meeks

Bob McCowan (2)
Gone with Gits as captain"last home game, two straight running centers and revenge over the rebels", was tempted to play safe with Messam or even Lambie against the lions the same as ash

Alexander, Robinson, (white)
Moore, (Ged Robinson)
Sharpe, Bekker, (Al Campbell)
Fritz, Thomson, Messam, (Lam)
Stannard, (Pretorius)
Gilbert, Gits (c), Cruden, (Piutau)
Lambie. McCabe, SBW, (treeby)

AkRiD

Allen Oxlade (6)
The squad is in. Looking to go Beale as captain, though I am considering Lambie.

Alexander, JC JvR (Oost)
Moore (Robinson)
Bekker, FvdM (Pyle)
Higgers, Burger, Todd (Strauss)
Phipps (Pretorious)
Gits, Beale (C), Cooper (R. Ebersohn)
Lambie, David Smith, Fruean (Poki)

Fairly happy with that lineup.

OzSash

Allen Oxlade (6)
Gone with Gits as captain"last home game, two straight running centers and revenge over the rebels", was tempted to play safe with Messam or even Lambie against the lions the same as ash

Alexander, Robinson, (white)
Moore, (Ged Robinson)
Sharpe, Bekker, (Al Campbell)
Fritz, Thomson, Messam, (Lam)
Stannard, (Pretorius)
Gilbert, Gits (c), Cruden, (Piutau)
Lambie. McCabe, SBW, (treeby)

Gits seems to have been a good option so far mate!

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Messam has averaged 49 the last 5 weeks. I put him as captain and he makes 10 :(

At least Moore, McCabe and Giteau scoring well.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Messam has averaged 49 the last 5 weeks. I put him as captain and he makes 10 :(

At least Moore, McCabe and Giteau scoring well.

Hench you seem to always be going off too early. The general routine is that live scores are the straight forward stats; trys, runs, goals, lineouts, offloads, line-breaks etc. It's not until later that tackles, pilfers etc are added. If you're checking your fantasy team live, forwards, especially back-rowers, scores will always be much lower because of this. Just give it some time :)

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
late posting this, but i didn't have time last night. got rid of kepu/digby and brought in stannard as a replacement to phipps (who so far has scored really well...)

JC JvR, afoa
moore
kimlin, sharpe
messam, higgers, burger
stannard
beale, carter (C), cruden
mccabe, sbw, lambie

on 188 so far after the 2 games. i'll take that.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Hench you seem to always be going off too early. The general routine is that live scores are the straight forward stats; trys, runs, goals, lineouts, offloads, line-breaks etc. It's not until later that tackles, pilfers etc are added. If you're checking your fantasy team live, forwards, especially back-rowers, scores will always be much lower because of this. Just give it some time :)

I know. But the worse off you think you are going the better you'll feel when you get the updates next morning :lmao:

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
Regretting my choice of Gits as captain, thought he would really have a huge one.

JC JvR, Blauww (Strauss)
Ged (SFinger)
Wykes, Sharpe (Al Campbell)
Messam, Vito, Thomson (Lam)
Stannard (Sarel)
Gits [c], Beale, Doppies (Piutau)
SBW, Poki, JP Pietersen (Payne)

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Dam saffy made 29 tackles 2 line breaks 5 runs 5 tackle busts a try and a lo take
Mcabe and teialata I'm happy with so far

Go the force!!!!

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Bloody trust SBW to get injured after bringing him off the bench. How about Saffy what was it 74pts? or around that? what an effort.

dudebudstud

Ward Prentice (10)
I really wish I had bought Saffy two weeks ago, but instead i went with Lam :(

Otherwise a good round - 524 points, and up 14 spots to 58 in the league

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
To the following: David Pocock, Patrick Lambie, Jarred Saffy, Quade Cooper (C), Kurtley Beale. Thankyou for carrying my team over the 400 mark. Special mention also to Phipps and Mealamu.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Last game of the regular season and last chance to pick the odd performer (like Saffy last week) who will come up trumps for you. Next week its only four teams to choose from, complete wildcards every week and people's teams will look very alike.

I like Saffy again this week, Strauss from the Cheetahs and I think the Tahs front row will have another big one against the Brumbies. Gone right off Stannard as he scored just 2 points last week (sorry for suggesting him Greg). Reckon the Force backs might score highly this week against the Rebel turnstiles. Ranger's injured so I need two outside backs, so is SBW. Finding reliable, high-scoring outside backs who don't get injured is not easy.

AkRiD

Allen Oxlade (6)
Being the last round of the season and with unlimited transfers for the finals I am electing to go with a bit of a Force flavour for this week.

I'll be bringing in Sam Wykes, David Pocock and Matt Hodgson, I'll hold out 'till tomorrow morning to make the changes, just in case.

The squad should be looking a little something like this....

Alexander, Oost (JC JvR)
Moore (Ged Robinson)
Bekker, Wykes (Pyle)
Pocock, Hodgson, Todd (Strauss)
Sarel Pretorious (Phipps) <-- may switch this around
Gits, Beale, Cooper (R. Ebersohn)
Fruean, Lambie, David Smith (Poki)

Had a thought about Stannard, but noticed Ripia on the bench for the Force so he may not be getting a full game in.
All in all, that's a fairly solid lineup and hopefully mixing it up a bit will pay dividends.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
locked in my squad a little earlier than usual this week. but with the team postings that are out already i'm not too concerned. just outside the top 20 in the G&GR league and just looking to get a good run to finish up the year inside that group. can't wait to spend 4 hours messing with my team each week during the finals.... unlimited transfers are dangerous for me.

strauss, afoa
moore
bekker, kimlin
saffy, burger, messam
stannard
beale, carter, cruden
lambie, guildford, mccabe

have higgers and sarel on my bench and still mulling over bringing them into the starters.

best of luck to everyone the rest of the way. especially meeks. go get 'em!

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Wykes is actually a smart pick as he should see more work with Sharpe out.

Strauss, Franks
Moore
Elstadt, Wykes
Messam, Vito, Thomson
Pretorius
Cooper, Beale, Fourie
Lambie, McCabe, Pietersen

Reactions: Ash
Status
Not open for further replies.