• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyNut101

Peter Burge (5)
Has horwitz out played king and vaux

He has only played 3 games at fly half, previously at inside because Stewart was at injured. But he has ripped up since coming into flyhalf against newington and especially kings. and today his running game was outstanding. My only critisim is that he is not the greatest kicker but definitely the best option to distribute to stewart and brogan and work with the big backrow

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Amazing build up to what was the best atmosphere surrounding a GPS game at Joeys in years, culminating in a Second XV victory for The Scots College, and a reverant minutes silence to rugby legend Dave Brockhoff. However what was to follow was a disgrace to the traditions of GPS Rugby which has been built up to such a spectacular standard. The attitude of the Scots openside breakaway Walters towards the SJC 10 Deegan, was nothing short of bullying and despite the fact that rugby is a contact sport, Walters (who had seemingly been put up to the task by his coaches) continued to disrespect Deegan, physically and in a manner that has no place in our game. Additionally, as a qualified and experienced Rugby referee and assistant referee, the fact that there was no penalties awarded to SJC for this let alone a yellow or red card was nothing short of a disgrace to the game that is played in heaven.

In saying this I would firstly like to point out that he was the best player on the field today and have nothing against him as a player or as a person, I have seen him play numerous times now and think he is one of the highest calibre players, let alone backrowers to have graced the GPS competition in years. Also congratulations to the Scots College for their wins in the 1st-4th XVs, something which hasn't happened against Joeys in years (from memory).

Regards, durkadurka.

couldnt agree more, although walters is a great player he really deserved to be hit today. Scots were simply the better team, Joeys were hard done by with some calls but Scots deserved the win. Joeys best were 4,5,7 and 14 Scots were 8,10,13 and 11

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
As usual the selectors have outdone themselves. No surprises with an inappropriate over-representation from Scots and the typical pitiful tokenism of a couple of Grammar boys in 3s and the reserves.

S

skip

you cannot tell me that Kulen from riverview doesnt deserve to be higher than bench for 3's
against newington his scrummaging was dominate and the same happened against every other team

T

Try Time

Brogan Roods only in 2's????????????? I question whether the selectors have ever played the game.

O

OppO

For anyone interested that was the first time Scots has beat joey's at joey's in 31 years. It was also the highest points (44) scored against joey's ever by a Scots team.

It will be interesting to see the injury roll for the GPS sides. For example I thought Baldwin (picked 1sts) was out with a broken ankle?

Also Joey's have 9 out of the 15 in the GPS sides, this for example is more than New and View?? Please explain

O

OppO

GPS Reps by School:

Newington: 7
Joey's: 11
Scot's: 13
View: 10
King's: 5
Shore: 6
Grammar: 2

B

baldingwingforward

GPS Reps by School:

They are fcuking kidding themselves!!
Roods - totally robbed.
Kulen - what did this kid have to do to get picked, He single handedly smashed the New scrum (and all of the others) and he can't even get in the 3s? That is a joke!!

How did Shore 13 not get a gig? (I would rate him higher than the Joeys 13!!)

Joeys have won 2 of their games this season. They got smashed by View and Scots - yet they have the 2nd highest representation? Scots got pumped by View!
Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The leather patch old farts brigade at their best!

Absolute joke.

P

pitbull

Three years of gps 2's for roods, who would have thought. Even funnier that for the last two years at least, hes been arguably much better than the two players who beat him to it

G

Good rugby fan

Three years of gps 2's for roods, who would have thought. Even funnier that for the last two years at least, hes been arguably much better than the two players who beat him to it

GPS selectors have shown just how dumb people can be and their supposed to be teachers, they continue to be the laughing stock of not only students but parents as well. They do it in every GPS sport, but this year they really have shown how out of touch they are, these selectors must really be proud of themselves, congratulations on being complete idiots.

S120

Chris McKivat (8)
Pete Barrett and Max Jones are both very accomplished players from Grammar. Both deserving of spots. Had James Ryan not been forced to play 9 (due to a complete lack of depth in that spot at SGS) and been played at 15 all season, I wouldn't have been surprised to see him get a spot too.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
GPS Reps by School:

Statistically it's even worse if you exclude the reserves and apply a 3,2 1 award of points to selection in the 1sts, 2nds and 3rds respectively:

Scots: 28
View: 18
Joeys: 17
New: 15
Kings:5
Grammar: 1

Scots 9 of 15 in the 2nds!!

B

baldingwingforward

GPS selectors have shown just how dumb people can be and their supposed to be teachers

Its got nothing to do with the fact that they are teachers. They quite clearly don't know anything about rugby. I feel so disappointed for some of the players who have been wronged... They miss the chance to showcase themselves at the next level up, and miss all of the opportunities that go with that!

Sad thing is it happens everywhere. I have been involved in schoolboy rugby in NZ and England and exactly the same thing happened there. So why is it that only people with no idea get to pick the teams??

Unbelievable!!! I am making myself more and more angry as i think about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.