• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

boophilus

Went to Shore Iggies game - 2nds was a nail biter - 1sts .... well Riverview gave a great display but decided to take an afternoon nap about 4.15 - didnt really wake up again until about 15 mins to go. If they played like they did against Newington it would have been 39-5 - not good enough if they want to take out the season when they have Scots, Kings and Joeys to go

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
i feel that scots amount of representatives in the GPS squad (13) is indicative of their fast start to the season, totalling kings and beating newington i believe. this is correct as their team has i believe too much class for many of the other teams with horwitz at 10, a deserved selection. Newington got the number of representatives that deserved spots, 2 more Questions "does any one know the score of Joeys v Scots and "GPS u'16 teams?"

if you talking about Joeys vs Scots 16As it was 14 all
Scots lost it though

P

pitbull

Many people heading to knox tomorrow? Im looking forward to the 2's game, have a feeling foketi and roods will eat their opposing numbers alive, same goes for walters and dempsey.

RugbyNut101

Peter Burge (5)
if you talking about Joeys vs Scots 16As it was 14 all
Scots lost it though

I didn't catch the game, but a close friend of mine told me he saw the game, and the ref had one of the worst games he had ever seen. Apparently, after the match, a Joey's father confronted the ref and told him exactly that.
Can anyone else verify this?

O

OppO

Many people heading to knox tomorrow? Im looking forward to the 2's game, have a feeling foketi and roods will eat their opposing numbers alive, same goes for walters and dempsey.

Will be heading out to watch. Walters has been shifted to 1sts making a back row of Miller, Wells, Walters very strong. Wonder who the captain of 2nds is now?

Le Lievre was at training with his calf injury being a cramp, so hes good to go.

B

baldingwingforward

Unfortunately Roods is out injured and Walters has been moved up to the 1s to cover for an injury to Baldwin - so that removes 2 serious threats. Still expect Dempsey to carve up, however i'm not really sure that the Scots pack are strong enough to take on a CAS side... I think this game could be a lot closer due to the terrible selections made by the supposed experts.

G

G-78-XV-V

Roods is out.....injury yesterday....

W

waves

Do not count out Joeys for next year, this may be early, but word has it around the college that 2011 will be a special year.

What are thoughts on Newington in 2012 they have recruited fairly heavily in the past seasons. Have they got any scopes for next season ?

dermo

Larry Dwyer (12)
I think that's a pretty tough observation. I am struggling to find a list but I think View have potentially won the most premierships in the GPS comp in the last 10 years...
I think youll find Joeys has won the most in the last 10 years

Q

QuadeCooperFan

Joeys - 5 (01, 04, 05, 06, 07)
View - 4 (03, 06, 08, 09)
Kings - 3 (02, 08, 09)
Shore - 1 (06)
New - 1 (10)

It should also be noted that only one of those Joeys premierships were shared whereas three of Views were shared. So it looks like Joeys wins! But lets get back to 2011...

Q

QuadeCooperFan

bringing the topic back to 2011, GPS teams for June 24 are up, Mackenzie Kulen nowhere to be seen and Jones from Grammar has taken the injured Roods' spot at 13 for the 2s. those seem to be the two most noticeable changes for me..

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Good luck to Jones. Apparently played well. More a 12 than 13 but great to see a Grammar guy get more than one game in the week (even if it was through Roods's bad luck).

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Joeys - 5 (01, 04, 05, 06, 07)
View - 4 (03, 06, 08, 09)
Kings - 3 (02, 08, 09)
Shore - 1 (06)
New - 1 (10)

It should also be noted that only one of those Joeys premierships were shared whereas three of Views were shared. So it looks like Joeys wins! But lets get back to 2011...

Thanks QCF, I knew it was close. The comment was in regards to Barbarian's earlier claim that View seem to get an unfair proportion of representation at GPS level. Having won the second most amount of premierships I disagree with this statement...

T

TigersFan5

Unfortunately Roods is out injured and Walters has been moved up to the 1s to cover for an injury to Baldwin - so that removes 2 serious threats. Still expect Dempsey to carve up, however i'm not really sure that the Scots pack are strong enough to take on a CAS side... I think this game could be a lot closer due to the terrible selections made by the supposed experts.

Was at the game last night, only got to watch the last half of the 2nd's they played some pretty nice running rugby and didn't want to slow the game down, the 2nd's had it a bit tougher as it was raining during the game but the ball control in the last 5 minutes from the 10,12 and 13 was quite good.
The 1sts had it a lot easier, with no run but the ground still wet, the ball control was quite good from them, CAS were pushing on the GPS line for first 10 minutes and got first points, but GPS scored the next several sets of points with tries to Kellaway and Stewart.
Was a pretty boring game, the referee blowing up everything that he didn't like. Walters was lucky not to be sent to the bin with a very good bone crunching tackle...that was very late. the CAS 12 who took the hit didn't get up to quickly and Walters got a talking to by ref.
Was a good game, GPS vs CHS on Friday at Curagal, will be a good game to see the Backrow of Wells, Walters, Miller as they all had outstanding games last night, Wells running was strong and made it know when he was there, Miller was all over the ground playing as a true backrower, and Walters was making tackles as usual and a menace at the breakdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.