• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzSash

Allen Oxlade (6)
Just did a quick lot of transfers today without too much thought about them. Will obviously change them when teams are announced

Robinson, Franks
Mealamu
Boric, Mumm
Read, Alberts, Kankowski
Burgess
Beale, Carter, Carter
Lambie, Guilford, Fruean

Gives me 82K left.

Not sure if SBW will be available and TPN is ruled out so it's either Kev or Bismarck for hooker.

Mathewson will probably come in for Burgess.

Matt Todd will probably be in my side if he's starting.

No idea on captain.

Almost 15/15 with my team! This always happens in the finals :) Did my changes on Sunday due to there being unlimited transfers - wanted to get rid of guys and bank the cash before their prices steadily decline during the week and obvious common choices prices increase. However, its also my experience that cash isn't really that much of an issue during the finals.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I made a whole heap of changes incase all of the prices of my old players drop. Will finalise my team on Friday.

edit: OzSash beat me to it!

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I reckon I'll stop disclosing my tips until after comp cutoff during the finals... not sure on others thoughts

Not so much interested in other's teams, but general ideas. For example, what do you do for bench players, given that they are very unlikely to play in finals and you've got unlimited transfers, should you pick the cheapest possible so you can go expensive on the first team? Does this have any unforseen disadvantages?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Only if there are late withdrawls would you want your bench player to be on the field. I actually struggled to spend all the cash this week, had around 1.7 mil left, so plenty of room for the Matt Todds to make the bench

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
How many transfers do we get next round, I have a feeling it won't be unlimited so would any of you suggest packing the bench full of starting Reds/Stomers?

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
if anyone is looking to go outside the box to make moves have a look at stephen brett. will take some stones to go with him so you might be alone. could get you 40 points. could get you -7. just never know with him.

Reactions: Ash

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
if anyone is looking to go outside the box to make moves have a look at stephen brett. will take some stones to go with him so you might be alone. could get you 40 points. could get you -7. just never know with him.

When I had him he was scoring -7's. Burnt my fingers badly then, bit wary now.

R

royboi

Has Sharks team been named?

Sharks Team

1. Tendai Mtawarira , 2. Bismarck du Plessis , 3. Jannie du Plessis , 4. Gerhard Mostert , 5. Alistair Hargreaves , 6. Keegan Daniel , 7. Jean Deysel , 8. Willem Alberts , 9. Charl McLeod , 10. Frederic Michalak , 11. Lwazi Mvovo , 12. Meyer Bosman , 13. Stefan Terblanche (Captain) , 14. JP Pietersen , 15. Patrick Lambie

Replacements , 16. John Smit , 17. Eugene van Staden , 18. Ross Skeate , 19. Ryan Kankowski , 20. Jacques Botes , 21. Adrian Jacobs , 22. Louis Ludik

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
New lineup

Franks, Robinson (Ryan)
Mealamu (Ulugia)
Williams, Mumm (Romano)
Todd, Alberts, Read (Kaino)
Mathewson (McKibbon)
Carter, Beale, Beale (McAllister)
SBW, Fruean, Maitland (Pakalani)

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
New lineup

Franks, Robinson (Ryan)
Mealamu (Ulugia)
Williams, Mumm (Romano)
Todd, Alberts, Read (Kaino)
Mathewson (McKibbon)
Carter, Beale, Beale (McAllister)
SBW, Fruean, Maitland (Pakalani)

hench, you are in serious trouble if the Crusaders don't perform or the Sharks get on top of their backrow. p.s I'll assume the double Beale is a typo or else you are going to score 200 points with two players!

My Line-up
Robinson, Crockett (Van Staden)
Mealamu (Flynn)
Mumm, Boric (Timani)
L.Braid, Dennis*, Alberts (Todd)
Mathewson (McKibbon)
D.Carter, Beale, Bossman (Q.Cooper**)
Fruen, Lambie, Pieterson*** (Lance****)

* Risk I took, hope it pays off
** Don't laugh, he will be useful next week
*** Probably going to f*** up my score
**** Same as **.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Oops. Meant 2 Carters not 2 Beales. :lmao:

And I'm about 250 points behind the leaders. Might as well take some risks.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The team that is taking the $1000 this week:

Crockett/Afoa - du Plessis
Mealamu - Flynn
Timani/Williams - Hargreaves
Alberts/Kaino/Dennis - Todd
Matthewson - McLeod
Carter/Beale (c)/McAlister - Michalak
SBW/Maitland/Guildford - Munro

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
I hope it is unlimited trades from now on.

Benn, Afoa [Crockett]
Kev [Flynn]
Mumm, Boric [Timani]
Braid, Todd, Kankowski [Dennis]
Mathewson [Mckibbin]
KB (Kurtley Beale), DC(c), TC [Marshall]
Guildford, Turner, Payne [Munro]

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Captain Carter or Beale? interesting, I've gone with Beale just based on form, Carter is consistently good but he hasn't really had to many blinders of 50+ points.

Also, thoughts on Pietersen? I'm not a fan of Payne after he let me down in the early rounds and I don't see the Sader's backline getting domination worthy of picking their back 3 like you've done qwerty.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
O. Franks, J. Afoa
Mealamu
Thorn, Ali Williams
M. Todd, J. Kaino, L. Braid
Josh Holmes
L. McAllister, Dan Carter (c), Tom Carter
Rob Fruean, Zac Guildford, Sean Maitland

Taking a punt on Holmes.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well, bloody bloody bloody hell. At the last minute I swapped Tom Carter for Stephen Brett. Tom Carter ends up the highest inside back point scorer in the game, and Brett gets -6. Lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.