• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Semi Final 1: Blues vs Waratahs

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maroon Army

Bull shit with injuries, tars were shit.
Injuries are just an excuse for losing. The tars had there chances and kicked the ball away with there stupid chips kicks. Both teams couldn't hold onto the pill but the blues did at time time and scored.
Excuses excuse tonight.
Maybe there should have been another NSW Rugby forum before this game. They might have played a touch better.

There's absolutely no need for this post.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
My cousin played with Sos in Waikato and he can't believe that he got that cap.....good guy and all but AB winger?!?!

He had pace back then and actually knew how to hit the line with that pace. He isn't a "test match player" but there's been alot of capped players that by circumstance have made the ABs.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Why, didn't you watch the game.

Thats all you heard tonight on the tv.

they had there chance to score a number of times, but kicked it away and stupid penalties

Pull your head in mate. Forget the commintators, there are some Tah fans one here that come across as truly good blokes. How about we tone it down and show a little grace in respect of them.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Two things: catches win matches, and I feel sorry for Brumbies fans to have Biggsy as one of your own.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Pull your head in mate. Forget the commintators, there are some Tah fans one here that come across as truly good blokes. How about we tone it down and show a little grace in respect of them.

Im not having ago at any one this forum mate!
There most likely top blokes. And love the Tars and good on them...
Im Having a go at the performance of the Tars tonight,
But the tars did NOT play a semi final performance and paid the price for it...There better than that and should have performed.... Thats what you expect from a team like the Tars

Toddy

Chris McKivat (8)
I thought the Tahs played pretty well considering their injury list. The 1st 30 mints from them was really good. Their ruck defence was immense in the 1st half. Most of the Blues players being easily pushed back in the tackle.

Would've been a great contest if both teams had been able to field their top side.

Every time Beale touches the ball it feels like he's going to create something. Great player to watch.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Oh also, I wish Beale had worn boots with some proper studs. He made some good steps only to lose his footing and fall at the feet of the opposition.

A

antipodean

All you have to do is to press the 'mute' button on your remote...
Which would work if I didn't want to hear the ref, players and crowd. :rolleyes:

Funny how about ten mins later Ali Williams got pinged for hands in the ruck. (Neutral comment dont flame).
Sorry, bit confused here: 10 mins later than what? Look every team cheats, I don't pretend otherwise but what a lot of people don't recognise is how hard New Zealand teams go at the breakdown, so they're always more likely to transgress as they compete.

My cousin played with Sos in Waikato and he can't believe that he got that cap.....good guy and all but AB winger?!?!
Injuries. Although he was in special form that year and was a substitute fullback. He seems to have lost a fair amount of pace too.

I'm reasonably happy as a Tahs supporter despite the loss. In difficult conditions individual errors contributed to letting the Blues relieve pressure. I don't blame injuries for this as experienced players also made mistakes and the Blues weren't without their own foibles, we were just unable to capitalise.

In those conditions you're more likely to make errors when being squeezed territorially. This is magnified when chasing the scoreboard. It would be of immeasurable assistance if Mumm didn't go AWOL again.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
It would be of immeasurable assistance if Mumm didn't go AWOL again.

How about his little hissy fit when Brett stripped him in the tackle in the first half.....the ref said something to him like, "Don't get upset just because you lost the ball"......lol

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think the Waratahs are entitled to be proud of their end of season form. Admittedly there were poor options and silly mistakes made tonight but this was probably inevitable given the decimation of the team.

Well done boys, you can hold your heads high.

T

TOCC

Serious question. Where are Aucklanders rushing to at 7:30 on a Friday night?

friday nights are generally lower attended across all sports/cities etc, so it was never going to be a sellout..

But 16'000 to a QF was pathetic...

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Serious question. Where are Aucklanders rushing to at 7:30 on a Friday night?

If you left at 7.30pm to get to the game, you'd probably get to your seat about 8.30pm or later....after you finally got to the park, found somewhere to park, walked the 1.5km's to get back to the stadium and bought your ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.