• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ma'a Nonu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Much as I'd love to see him at Rebels, Chiefs would be a far better option for him surely.

The prospect of Phipps, Cipriani, Nonu, Beale, and JOC (James O'Connor) is sweet but I'd have thought JOC (James O'Connor) was seeking a 12 slot rather than wing, and presumably Rebels aren't looking to discard Mortlock or Vuna.

T

TOCC

A backline with Cipriani, Nonu, Mortlock, Beale and JOC (James O'Connor) does sounds pretty good to watch though!
granted they get decent ball

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Much as I'd love to see him at Rebels, Chiefs would be a far better option for him surely.

The prospect of Phipps, Cipriani, Nonu, Beale, and JOC (James O'Connor) is sweet but I'd have thought JOC (James O'Connor) was seeking a 12 slot rather than wing, and presumably Rebels aren't looking to discard Mortlock or Vuna.

Quote from JOC (James O'Connor) in yesterdays paper:

"You've got Stirling Motlock outside of me, Kurtley Beale at the back, who's been on fire of late and Danny Cipriani inside, who's a world-class 10."

Seems like he is seeing it shaping out (which I'm sure was considered and discussed in his extended negotiations, as 10. Cipriani, 12. JOC (James O'Connor), 13. Mortlock, 15. Beale... I hope it turns out this way too.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
With the rebels culture though, it's about there depth as any two of those players will be suspended by the team at any given time.

Was just joking about him ending up there, the force would surely be the only Aussie team with an interest in him, but can't see him moving past the chiefs

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Amazing that such a high profile player is announcing a new deal and nobody has any clue where they are likely to go. Normally it would have been leaked by now. Knowing the Aussie franchises leaking habits I think we would already know if Maa was coming our way. That is why I am betting on Japan.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Isn't Sonny Bill also interested in a possible move to the Chiefs?

Apparently he doesn't like earthquakes very much...

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Rumour is that Ricoh of Japan has signed him. No contract length specified.

Brett has officially signed for Toyota of Japan for two years.

B

Braveheart.

There were murmurs that he was heading to the Sharks too....

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
He's defo going to Japan - although it looks like it's only in the medium term and could be back in NZ mid S15 next year.

Mixed emotions on this. Love him in the AB's, but clubs best players don't get sacked for no reason. There's a 50 page thread on TSF about it which draws about as much conclusions as my last sentence.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
He's defo going to Japan

Japan top league is landing some big names, from what I understand to be confirmed:

Brad Thorn
Chris Jack
Danie Rossouw
Digby Ioane
Dwayne Sweeney
Fotu Auelua – then to Brumbies for Super 15
Fourie du Preez
Isaac Ross
Kade Poki – signed but requiring surgery in offseason, could be retained by Highlanders
Maa Nonu - rumoured
Mike Delany
Mils Muliaina
Mitchell Chapman
Naas Olivier
Peter Grant
Rodney So'oialo
Sitaleki Timani – possibly returning to Waratahs for Super 15
Sosene Anesi
Stephen Brett
Victor Matfield – rumoured

Players of this calibre playing in their national competition will do them the world of good heading into their 2019 RWC.

Status
Not open for further replies.