• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
1-robbo
2-TPN
3-kepu
4-Vickerman
5-Douglas
6-Rocky
7-Alcock
8-Palu
9-Sorel
10-Barnes
11-Drew
12-Carter
13-Horne
14-Turner
15-AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

It looks pretty good to me, very strong starting side.

T

tranquility

I think he is referring to his incredible ability to play two starting positions, at the same time..

W

waves

1-robbo
2-TPN
3-kepu
4-Vickerman
5-Douglas
6-Rocky
7-Alcock
8-Palu
9-Sorel
10-Barnes
11-Drew
12-Carter
13-Horne
14-Turner
15-AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

It looks pretty good to me, very strong starting side.

1. Robinson
2. Polota-Nau
3. Kepu
4. Vickerman
5. Mumm
6. Elsom
7. Alcock
8. Palu
9. Sorel
10. Barnes
11. Mitchell
12. Carter
13. Horne
14. Turner
15. Ashley-Cooper

16. Fitzpatrick
17. Tilse
18. Timani
19. Dennis
20. McKibbin
21. Halangahu
22. Cross ??

Very strong looking side squad in general, cant wait for this new year.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Jury still out on Alcock...otherwise all good!

Alcock has looked really good for Eastwood, abrasive at the ruck and difficult to tackle in the open - he is a decent S15 unit and will do until a we find an upgrade

Good to see Elsom come home, a clear upgrade on Mowen

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Rocky Elsom signs up for NSW Waratahs return
EXCLUSIVE: Bret Harris From: The Australian September 08, 2011 7:59PM

FORMER Wallabies captain Rocky Elsom has agreed to play with the NSW Waratahs for the next two Super Rugby seasons.

FORMER Wallabies captain Rocky Elsom has agreed to play with the NSW Waratahs for the next two Super Rugby seasons.

Elsom, who played for the Waratahs from 2003 to 2008, has spent the last two years at the Brumbies since returning from his stint with Irish province Leinster.

Negotiations between Elsom, 28, and the Waratahs broke down several weeks ago but were revived after Michael Foley was appointed head coach.

The signing of Elsom, who was replaced as Wallabies skipper by James Horwill for the World Cup campaign which starts tomorrow, will strengthen an already powerful Waratahs forward pack and boost the team's chances of winning its maiden Super Rugby title.

rugbyvet

Chris McKivat (8)
Team is looking very strong. With a good injury run the Tahs should be the real deal.

My only issue would be with the backline. They are all power runners and not too many of that starting backline are creative or have great catch pass skills (bar Barnes). Playing with width could be a challenge and who will play 1st receiver if Barnes is caught in a ruck? while normally 12 or 15 would take over Carter and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) aren't exactly great distributors. Wish Kurtley was still here.

Crow

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I wonder how the most important member is shaping up?
Have we kept the 'fro whisperer this year? I wonder if the ARU could top up Sharron's wage?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Horne is a good ball player. If he can stay fit for a season (and based on history that's a big if), I expect him to really make a mark on the Super XV.

I do agree with you though.

We could use another creative player. I expect Shmoo will become very involved like he was last season before he got injured. He's a senior player now and definitely one of the Tahs best.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
i alright with what we have backline wise. There not going to be the most creative team, but they are great runners and run excellent lines. if the forward pack gets a good injury run, having drew, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Horne, Carter all running onto front foot ball is going to look like a thing of joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.