• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

National U/16 Championships 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leicester Tiger

Herbert Moran (7)
I do agree with the carry on after the tackle, but I did think there were arms in it. Maybe not.

Schools had 3 different line ups in each third. They did well for a first run, but i agree with the sentiment that Sydney shocked a few a look like they will go well at Nationals. It would make a good final, and shut out QLD!

Bill McLean (32)
... Schools had 3 different line ups in each third. They did well for a first run, but i agree with the sentiment that Sydney shocked a few a look like they will go well at Nationals. It would make a good final, and shut out QLD!

LT couldn't attend today, however how did Milne and Morgan from schools, and Kagiassis from Sydney, play?

Regards,
Newbie.

Leicester Tiger

Herbert Moran (7)
Morgan is no longer in the squad, Milne played and did a solid job and I am pretty sure Kagiassis played. IMO Milne, Tepai and Kellaway the best 3 backs for schools today.

C

Casnovian

I have no idea what the score was in the end. 5 tries to 3 was all I counted to NSW Schools. I don't think there were any real stand outs from either side today. 15 for Sydney (Harry Jones I think) went well and Andrew Kellaway pulled off one of the best tackles I have ever seen and played well!

Anyone else see the game differently?

As we are in World Cup mode - points are everything. 26 to 27 final score. Not a thrashing by any means as predicted by some. Solid game by both sides and evenly matched in the forwards - seemed too be testing out combinations from Sydney's point of view. Both sides heavily interchanged in the three twenty minute or so sessions. The lad who ran into Kellaway's shoulder needs to take some ownership as Kellaway clearly committed himself (he didn't move) and there was good support on the outside to pass to. He subsequently coat hangered himself and got winded. A foot lower it would have been a grass cut - reality is he copped it fair square in the bread basket. The "yahoo" afterwards was not necessary and knowing Mr Kellaway I think he would recant if able. He seemed a little sheepish after he came back on side and the lad was still down. He knows what goes around comes around.

Good hit out from both sides. Glad to see it was played in the spirit of a trial and not a re-run of last year's equivalent game. That was not a good indicator as Sydney came back to win the nationals. Good luck to Sydney next weekend - understand maybe playing at Duntroon vs ACT.

I

International Badboy

does anyone know the name of the boy who was hit, i saw him set up jones nicely only a few minutes before the hit, played well other than running into a stationary brickwall

Leicester Tiger

Herbert Moran (7)
What was your opinion on the 5/8's that played today? Jamo,Deegan and Lussick?

I thought Jammo was solid without being spectacular, he did seem a bit more sheepish than I have seen in the past. Definately should start ahead of Connor Finn. Deegan and Lussick similarly solid but nothing special in this game, which could have been a sign of the game more than anything else. Sydney slowed the game down at the breakdown so that schools could not take advantage of any advantage they may have created. The better combination for me on the day was Rory and Deegan at 9 and 10. Would be good to give them all another run before nationals, but as that isn't the case, we shall see what happens.

C

Casnovian

NSWJRU and SJRU Vs ACT - Sunday 18 September 2011

Viking Park - Erindale, Wanniassa (near Erindale Shopping Centre) ACT

NSW U/15s 11.30am

Sydney U/16s 12.45pm

NSW U/17s 2pm

Thank you Dingdong, Colby was a student at my school where i had the privilege of coaching him(more like he showed me how to do stuff properly), prior to SCOTS College. Well done to him! were all very excited for him down here back at his old school .

C

Casnovian

In 26 degree sunshine SJRU under 16s won 20 to 11. Three tries to one. First half was well contested - the strong SW wind (not experienced in the grandstand) played havoc with the line outs and kicking generally - over cooked kick offs etc etc. No noteable displays - seemed to be a lot of one out play, not looking for support (even though the crowd grandstand could hear the calls), some poor ball handling (not so sure can blame the wind on all of them) - Brumbies provided some ferocious tackling - particularly first half.

Understand Brumbies may play WA next weekend?

C

Casnovian

Yes it was SJRU under 16s - I understand NSWJRU - under 16s will only have one game against QLD
Saturday 1st October, 2011
Pittwater Rugby Park,
Nth Narrabeen NSW
Time tbc.

C

Casnovian

Timetable next week:

Australian Rugby Union

National U16 Championship » Division 1
Match Day 1 - 26/09/2011
Home Team v Away Team Location Time
Pool: Pool A
NSW Schools v Brumbies St Ignatius College Riverview / Oval 1 0930
QLD White v Victoria St Ignatius College Riverview / Oval 1 1445
Pool: Pool B
Sydney Juniors v Western Australia St Ignatius College Riverview / Oval 1 1045
QLD Red v NSW Country St Ignatius College Riverview / Oval 1 1330

Match Day 2 - 27/09/2011
QLD White v Brumbies St Ignatius College Riverview / Oval 1 1330
NSW Schools v Victoria St Ignatius College Riverview / Oval 1 1445
Sydney Juniors v NSW Country St Ignatius College Riverview / Oval 2 1015
QLD Red v Western Australia St Ignatius College Riverview / Oval 2 1415

Lay Day - 28/09/2011

There are no Games to be displayed for this Round

Match Day 3 - 29/09/2011
Victoria v Brumbies St Ignatius College Riverview / Oval 1 1045
NSW Schools v QLD White St Ignatius College Riverview / Oval 1 1445
Western Australia v NSW Country St Ignatius College Riverview / Oval 1 0930
QLD Red v Sydney Juniors St Ignatius College Riverview / Oval 1 1330

Match Day 4 - Finals - 30/09/2011
Game M
Ladder Pos: 4 (Pool A) v Ladder Pos: 4 (Pool B) St Ignatius College Riverview / Oval 1 0900
Game N
Ladder Pos: 2 (Pool A) v Ladder Pos: 2 (Pool B) St Ignatius College Riverview / Oval 1 1020
Div 1 Plate Final
Ladder Pos: 3 (Pool A) v Ladder Pos: 3 (Pool B) St Ignatius College Riverview / Oval 2 1120
Div 1 Final
Ladder Pos: 1 (Pool A) v Ladder Pos: 1 (Pool B) St Ignatius College Riverview / Oval 1 1140

Leicester Tiger

Herbert Moran (7)
Anyone brave enough to make a prediction as to the placings? I have no clue having seen the draw between Sydney and Country a narrow Schools victory over Sydney and then read about the underwhelming game between Sydney and Brumbies. Are Qld or Victoria likely to bring something to the mix?

C

Casnovian

I was impressed by the Victorian opens team in Queensland Nationals earlier this year. Really threw the ball around (running rugby) and had a very effective back line - may be a sign for the under 16s as well. Queensland will always field their best teams - and will be a force - no doubt about that. Interested to see how WA goes with Brumbies this Saturday (if the information noted at the field was correct) - will provide some sort of indirect indicator for Brumbies against NSW Schools after last weeks contest against SJRU.

Status
Not open for further replies.