• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2011 SF2: Australia vs. New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fredfreduels

On average people in Australia can bench more than people in New Zealand. We will win the match.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just to be pedantic, the word can and is dribble, as in dribbling shit.

drivel (noun)
1. Senseless talk; nonsense
2. Saliva, drool

drivel (verb)
1. To have saliva drip from the mouth; to drool.
2. To talk nonsense; to talk senselessly

From Old English dravelen, drabelen, drevelen, drivelen, "to slaver"

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
drivel (noun)
1. Senseless talk; nonsense
2. Saliva, drool

drivel (verb)
1. To have saliva drip from the mouth; to drool.
2. To talk nonsense; to talk senselessly

From Old English dravelen, drabelen, drevelen, drivelen, "to slaver"

Yes, but it's not enough to say that "drivel" could be used.

To win the point you'd have to establish that "dribble" can't be used. [/pedant]

B

BRIX

Time for a comment...Cyclopath was right, they are my "lucky red jocks" (not socks or budgies)! They worked with every Qld Reds game that I wore them in 2011, and for every Wobs match ditto. As mentioned previously, a 'brain snap' led to me wearing green jocks for the Ireland match! LRJs are freshly launded and waiting for Sunday's kick off. LRJs are very common in motor sport circles.

Hehe. Yeah, was just trying to have a stab at the fella!

On another note, if Cruden go's down due to his heavily strapped right knee Donald comes on...

10h2hk7.jpg

dougdew99

Allen Oxlade (6)
One thing I know.. it is going to be a fantastic celebration of our great game... one we all remember for the rest of our lives... I know I will, my missus is a Kiwi... anyone else got a mixed marriage?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
One thing I know.. it is going to be a fantastic celebration of our great game... one we all remember for the rest of our lives... I know I will, my missus is a Kiwi... anyone else got a mixed marriage?
Hell no doudge, can't be handling this mixed marraige business lol, though my daughters partner in NZ is an Aussie, as are 2 of my nieces. But it's alright daughter is past having kids, so won't be any strange grankids...............
By the way looking forward to game also.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Is that because of all the kiwis living here in Australia... :)

Speaking of averages, on average every WC played in NZ, the All Blacks win. Therefore we will win.

On average, every time Australia has played New Zealand in a world cup, we have won. Therefore, we will win.

On average, every team that defeated the defending champs, has won. Therefore, we will win.

J

Jay

And where are half the All Blacks from mate?

There were 4 players born outside NZ in the entire squad (3 now that Mils has dropped out). The Wallabies had more than that in their starting forward pack in the 1/4! Face it, you have to deal with the poaching mantle now, it's a burden we Kiwis know well. But don't worry, England are coming up fast and will soon overtake you.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
There were 4 players born outside NZ in the entire squad (3 now that Mils has dropped out). The Wallabies had more than that in their starting forward pack in the 1/4! Face it, you have to deal with the poaching mantle now, it's a burden we Kiwis know well. But don't worry, England are coming up fast and will soon overtake you.

With the reverse colonialism that is going on in England it will be hardly surprising.

Mate Australian Rugby has always been like that everyone came from someone else. It's just a bit rich when a kiwi says the same thing with the rich multicultural society you have in NZ.

Are you Pakeha Jay?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I can assure you all I can spot the difference between what's in sox and what's in jocks.

One would hope in your line of work you could. I'd hate to go in for a bit of plumbing work and come out with my big toe removed.

J

Jay

With the reverse colonialism that is going on in England it will be hardly surprising.

Mate Australian Rugby has always been like that everyone came from someone else. It's just a bit rich when a kiwi says the same thing with the rich multicultural society you have in NZ.

Are you Pakeha Jay?

Twas a piss-take, nothing more.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Just to be pedantic, the word can and is dribble, as in dribbling shit.

I'll take your word Gnostic, fortunately, that's one bodily function impediment I don't suffer from! The word can also be positive, as in dribbling a soccer ball, but somehow in this case I don't think that was the intent!

Status
Not open for further replies.